U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2018, 08:36 AM

1,248 posts, read 2,990,298 times

Advertisements

I recently took this self-assessment and I found it very useful. It's for currently employed people who are wondering if they need to re-start their job search. There's no right or wrong answer or "scoring," but it helps focus your attention on what about your current job is really bothering you (or not) and what may be holding you back from starting your job search. Basically it helps to clarify your internal feelings about your current job and the job search process. Try to write down everything you can think of (briefly) for each question and then see if any themes develop...

anyhow I found it pretty helpful.

The questions:

1. How long have you been in this job?

2. What attracted you to this job, other than a steady paycheck?

3. What things have caused you to feel disillusioned with the job since you started?

4. What are your favorite things about the job right now?

5. What are your least favorite day to day things about the job?

6. What things about your job will definitely change in the next year?

7. Have you developed any resentments about your job that you feel arenít being addressed or never will be?

8. How have you grown in this job?

9. How have you decayed in this job?

10. What makes you nervous about the prospect of getting a different job?

11. What are your concerns about re-establishing an active job hunt?

12. What do you think are your personal and professional strong points -- regardless of whether you think that employers would actually care about them?

13. What do you think are your weak points -- again, whether or not employers would care?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 08:37 PM

2,465 posts, read 699,218 times
14. Are there any layoffs announced or rumors of layoffs? If yes, immediately start a stealth job search.

Old 12-02-2018, 09:43 PM

8 posts, read 1,316 times
I've been at my job for 6 years, and everyone that started working there has quit. We lose so many people that when I come into work I don't know almost anyone.
We've had layoffs a few years ago and ever since then everyday I come into work I worry it's my last day.
I dread everyday I work for this company.

Last edited by BusinessMan12; 12-02-2018 at 10:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or