U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2018, 03:55 PM

12,184 posts, read 10,359,091 times

Advertisements

Iíve been applying for jobs a couple thousands of miles away for a long time. Iím waiting to hear back from company A if I got the job or not. They told me I will know by mid December. Company B just contacted me and wants to fly me out and rent me a hotel the last week of December. I donít want to say no to company B because A isnít a sure thing but if I get an offer from A Iíd not fly out to B.

I would feel guilty canceling B though if they booked all the travel for me and then I had to cancel.

Any advice on this situation? Is there any way company B could somehow try and charge me for the boiled trip if I cancel as the date approaches? Itís a good problem to have but I was hoping to here from some others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2018, 07:59 AM

9,778 posts, read 16,983,142 times
If you don't get an offer by mid December, go to the interview. They can't bill you for backing out of the interview. You won't be the first person who has done so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search