U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2018, 08:34 PM

2,000 posts, read 1,191,611 times

Advertisements

My opinion, and this may not be popular, if you need to survive- get another teaching job. You have experience and you've shown that you can at least get the job before. Then once you've secured the job, start looking for a new career.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2018, 09:30 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,557,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
My opinion, and this may not be popular, if you need to survive- get another teaching job. You have experience and you've shown that you can at least get the job before. Then once you've secured the job, start looking for a new career.
I'm looking into maybe subbing, but I haven't registered for sub training with all of the potential districts. I'm really not that good at that job, either, though.

Not that I wouldn't be happy to have one, but a full-time teaching position would take away any time I had to search for a job I can actually tolerate. I resigned from a good teaching job at a middle school because I just couldn't do the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffee72 View Post
Can you go to a trade school and become an electrician or a mechanic? I can never seem to get either of those very easily, must be a shortage as none can be bothered to work on the weekends or take my calls. You could open your own business and not deal with "finding a job" ever again.
That's really not a bad idea. I think I will look into it if I can ever find a part-time job so that I can afford more school or if vocational rehabilitation can figure out a way to fund additional training for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatzPaw View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Look into working for UPS.
I'm open to doing that, but how exactly do I apply? I think the last time I went to the website, it said they weren't currently hiring in my area. Thanks for the reminder, though. I guess I'll check again and see if things have changed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search