U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 11:25 AM

14 posts, read 5,376 times

Advertisements

OK thanks for the fast reply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2019, 11:42 AM

Question: when it says If management is interested in you after reviewing your applications, they'll contact you for an interview. Does that mean the management from the location I applied for will reach out if I am chosen. I know its a big if.

Old 01-22-2019, 04:57 PM

13,324 posts, read 25,293,022 times
It means that the hiring manager from each job that you applied for will contact you, not HR

Old 01-22-2019, 06:34 PM

oh k thanks for the help. I know its a big chance i will not hear anything at all but at east i know my application is been sent to hiring manger. So far I have two IT position that has been send to the mangers. Thanks again.

Old 01-23-2019, 08:57 AM

31 posts, read 10,398 times
Serious question, OP:

Why do you want to work for the federal government? If you've been watching the news lately, you should be aware that you'll be lucky to get a paycheck. I would love to work for the IRS but only if our federal government changes the way they handle budge crises.

Old 01-23-2019, 06:54 PM

Ax|1156 I understand what you coming from but a job is a job. People need to expected that a shutdown can happen therefore why not plan for it by having an emergency funds. What it tell me his most American are in serious debt and if we go in a Great Depression people will be lost.

Old 01-27-2019, 08:02 AM

4,069 posts, read 5,467,673 times
Government shutdowns do not normally last this long. As an IT person, he will make enough money to create an emergency fund.

It's not like he is a $15/hr TSA employee. They barely make enough to have a livable wage. In expensive coastal cities, they need roommates to survive.

Old 02-12-2019, 03:43 PM

154 posts, read 71,225 times
Fed Gov jobs have many benefits. Annual leave, sick leave, good health care plans, paid holidays. I was just hired a week ago, and start next week.

There is also a nice retirement plan, with a decent match from the govt.
Using my military service, I will accrue 19.5 days of annual leave the first year. and 13 days of sick leave. It is also M-F from 0800-1630, no weekends required.

Old 02-16-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insulator_king View Post
Fed Gov jobs have many benefits. Annual leave, sick leave, good health care plans, paid holidays. I was just hired a week ago, and start next week.

There is also a nice retirement plan, with a decent match from the govt.
Using my military service, I will accrue 19.5 days of annual leave the first year. and 13 days of sick leave. It is also M-F from 0800-1630, no weekends required.

Congrats !!! Can i ask a question, what was your timeline of been hire. I received another status change from a different position. Below is what its says:

Best Qualified-Pending Qualifications

You have been determined tentatively eligible for the above position based upon your responses to the on-line questions through the automated hiring system (CareerConnector). As a result, we will be referring your name to the Selecting Official. You may be contacted for an interview. If you are selected for this position, your qualifications will be verified prior to a firm offer being made and/or entering on duty. If you have any questions concerning the status of your application, please refer to the agency contact information in the announcement. To view the announcement, return to your USAJOBS account, click application status and click the announcement number for the vacancy contact info.

Any help would be appreciative.

Old 02-16-2019, 10:49 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,716,925 times
Pretty much same as before. Nothing new. Just keep on assuming nothing will happen until something does. You can worry yourself to death over Fed hiring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or