U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 11:38 AM

2,281 posts, read 1,155,884 times

Advertisements

It means they were considerate enough to acknowledge your thanks. That's it. It isn't a confirmed offer, so it means nothing at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2018, 12:18 PM

5,340 posts, read 5,302,061 times
Nice of them to acknowledge and follow up. But yes, it does not mean anything.

Best of luck.

Old 12-26-2018, 01:22 PM

4,079 posts, read 2,943,572 times
I really hope for your sake you get this job.

Old 12-26-2018, 01:27 PM

2,206 posts, read 931,839 times
You should be grateful that you even received a PERSONAL response! What were you expecting? The mere fact that this company responded to you says that they hold themselves to a certain standard that exceeds the majority of other companies. The response was personal but non-comittal, as it should be.
Chill

Old 12-26-2018, 01:47 PM

9,778 posts, read 16,979,525 times
It means exactly what it says , which is "thank you." Period. Stop try to put meaning where there is none. You, like many on CD, think there is some kind of code to be cracked by responses that don't convey any hidden meaning whatsoever.

Old 12-26-2018, 07:10 PM

17,263 posts, read 10,194,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post
It means exactly what it says , which is "thank you." Period. Stop try to put meaning where there is none. You, like many on CD, think there is some kind of code to be cracked by responses that don't convey any hidden meaning whatsoever.
This, and I noticed the OP has a tendency to create multiple threads asking variations of the same question in regards to the same job search, and never responds to the advice given.

Personally, I don't think it's an encouraging sign because the response has all the hallmarks of fluff designed to mislead a candidate into thinking they have a good chance.

Old 12-27-2018, 06:24 PM

2,419 posts, read 690,595 times
Don't get attached to any application. Keep up the job applications.

Old 12-27-2018, 07:30 PM

8,938 posts, read 8,403,847 times
Quote:
This should be a sticky on the forum. Job seekers try to interpret a code. Pro tip: There is no code. I have been hiring people for close to 30 years, and I have never gotten a copy of the code book. If I did have a copy of the code book, I would not use it, because applicants dont have a copy , so it is pointless.

Old 12-29-2018, 10:14 AM

384 posts, read 149,772 times
An employement agency did get me an interview at a large company yesterday for a customer service position. She called me today to make sure I sent a thank you email and said HR advised the hire manager liked me and was considering me but he was out today. She then reiterated again to make sure I send a thank you note to solidify things. Do you think they would say they liked me and were considering me just to appease the agent or they are being truthful? I’m assuming the agent gets a commission if she places me.

Old 12-29-2018, 11:19 AM

8,938 posts, read 8,403,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriank7 View Post
An employement agency did get me an interview at a large company yesterday for a customer service position. She called me today to make sure I sent a thank you email and said HR advised the hire manager liked me and was considering me but he was out today. She then reiterated again to make sure I send a thank you note to solidify things. Do you think they would say they liked me and were considering me just to appease the agent or they are being truthful? Iím assuming the agent gets a commission if she places me.
Adriank7, you should reread Joe's post. It tells you everything you need to know.

For ease of reference:

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or