Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2017, 12:05 PM

944 posts, read 1,209,463 times
So my fiance applied for a job at P&G over Thanksgiving weekend. She completed an online test and then received an email advising her that she would hear back from them within 30 days. Now, it hasn't been 30 days... but still, I wasn't expecting that to be a literal follow up expectation. Normally, I would think this a very bad sign but my fiance is reasonably qualified for the job and what little info I can find about the hiring process at P&G seems like it just takes forever (up to 4-6 months!).

Anyone here ever gone through this process and willing to share some insights into how long it usually takes? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2017, 11:24 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times
yes as we have one of the subsidiaries in our area that does the packaging and distribution.

She is in phase One of a ten phase process. Its standard that they send a Teaser out to any prospect that they are in the running. But short of the person being on life support this is given to anyone that applies.

It took three months for them to create hoops to jump thru and then narrow it down to someone Young enough to take the pay at half what the real contenders were offering. It will come down to how little she is willing to work for and how much exhaustion she can endure as they put her thru the wringer. DOes that help?

I personally liked the company, not the players who were running some of the divisions.

Old 12-25-2017, 09:26 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,893,180 times
It has been about 12 years ago but I did apply at Proctor & Gamble for an HR Business Partner (HR Manager) position.

I did the online application and then got the link to do their "cultural assessment questionnaire". It sounds kind of similar to what your wife completed.

I don't remember exactly how long it took to get the first phone interview but it was quite a long time. I had 2 phone interviews with them and 2 on-site interviews with them. The process took close to 6 months and I ended up turning the offer down because I had already received 2 other offers by the time they dropped theirs and one of the offers looked better. I also preferred the location of the offer that I did accept.

The P&G offer did not come in high but the benefits package was good. 3 weeks of vacation, low cost benefits, and some other perks. I've heard that they are pretty decent to work for although I don't personally know anyone who works for them.

Old 02-28-2018, 02:41 PM

2,170 posts, read 1,952,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodie734 View Post
So my fiance applied for a job at P&G over Thanksgiving weekend. She completed an online test and then received an email advising her that she would hear back from them within 30 days. Now, it hasn't been 30 days... but still, I wasn't expecting that to be a literal follow up expectation. Normally, I would think this a very bad sign but my fiance is reasonably qualified for the job and what little info I can find about the hiring process at P&G seems like it just takes forever (up to 4-6 months!).

Anyone here ever gone through this process and willing to share some insights into how long it usually takes? Thanks!

Any update? I just took the test and got the same email.

Old 02-28-2018, 05:02 PM

944 posts, read 1,209,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp501 View Post
Any update? I just took the test and got the same email.
She eventually heard back in late January and took an in person reasoning test last week. My understanding is that, if you pass this test, you move on to the interview stage. If you fail, you can't apply for 2 years. She has yet to hear back from them yet about how she did.

Old 03-01-2018, 06:12 PM

251 posts, read 203,956 times
P&G reached out to me I didn't respond because they don't have anything in NYC proper. P&G only looks good on your resume if you want to be at an equally mega huge multi-national conglomerate. Not interested in companies with more employees than the population of a small country. I know someone with an MBA there they only pay her 200k. That is peanuts for a company of that size, profitability and her qualifications she should be getting 300k bare minimum ideally 400k.

Old 03-02-2018, 07:43 AM

2,170 posts, read 1,952,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodie_Bunk View Post
P&G reached out to me I didn't respond because they don't have anything in NYC proper. P&G only looks good on your resume if you want to be at an equally mega huge multi-national conglomerate. Not interested in companies with more employees than the population of a small country. I know someone with an MBA there they only pay her 200k. That is peanuts for a company of that size, profitability and her qualifications she should be getting 300k bare minimum ideally 400k.

I know people with Masters and MBAs making less then $100,000. That level of education actually meant something before the recession, any kid who couldn't find a job just stayed in school... so like all of them. Just like how being a college graduate 30 years ago really made you stand out, now going to college is like 13th grade and an associates degree is useless. To me it sounds like a great opportunity and being in my early 30s if they asked me to leave NJ and do a year or 2 in Boise for $150k+.. I'd happily pack my bags.. You gotta do what you gotta do.

And you can get an MBA online for like $28k now at some schools. If an MBA demanded $400k salary everyone and their mother would be going back for one.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:56 PM

1 posts, read 17,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodie734 View Post
She eventually heard back in late January and took an in person reasoning test last week. My understanding is that, if you pass this test, you move on to the interview stage. If you fail, you can't apply for 2 years. She has yet to hear back from them yet about how she did.
hi, @ericp501 @brodie 754

so i applied on 30th october, cleared the online assessment and then later on 3rd december received email to schedule interview. i had my interview next day and it's been two months no word from them. i contacted the HR but no reply. should i consider this as a rejection? what should i do? it's my dream to work for this company.

Old 02-02-2019, 06:37 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,983,013 times
2 months is way too long of a wait time.

If you don't hear anything within a week I would move on these days especially if its a a larger companies. I have found larger companies can't even keep track of their own job openings, much less remember who they interviewed. They are soooo ridiculously disorganized now.

They probably forgot they even interviewed you and they end up either:

1. Not even filling the position
2. Hire a friend/Relative of the hiring manager. You have to remember. Friends and relatives of those in power ALWAYS get first dibs these days. The rest is just a formality on the company's part
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search