U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 08:32 AM

542 posts, read 622,404 times

Advertisements

"Are there any other concerns or questions that you would like me to address for you."

That would be the path to draw out that concern if the hiring manager.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2019, 08:38 AM

542 posts, read 622,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessManIT View Post
It is very easy to determine a person's age by merely looking up the person's name on the Internet. Try looking yourself up and see what you discover. A lot of times, age is the first piece of information that is revealed by any cursory search.

Such as: Joe Doe, Age 54

Certainly years of experience, date of degree conferred or high school diploma can be used. Yes, a LinkedIn profile might also reveal a person's age within a ballpark range.

And then if you manage to make it to the interview stage, your physical appearance will give you away unless you happen to look young. It is virtually impossible to get away with hiding your real age from an inquisitive potential employer.
I always search my name on Google once a week to make sure my info stays private. People will use it against you without ev ed n knowing it. People are always searching for me on Linkedin..lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or