U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 10:29 AM

2,053 posts, read 595,092 times

Advertisements

Look at it this way....

In the Doctor's office LICENSED Registered Nurses OUTRIGHT REFUSE to take Blood Pressure in a way that has been determined to be PROPER and ACCURATE by their own medical training! I have not had my BP taken correctly in 99 out of the 100 times it has been taken in my adult life.

Never at heart level, my feet are never firmly planted on the ground. They always ask questions while taking pressure (which is medically KNOWN to elevate the reading falsely) and BP is taken a mere minutes after arriving from outside where I have been exerting myself (NYC) and walking for 15 minutes at a brisk pace to get to the office. they think it's OK because others show normal reading when they take the incorrect way which only means that person's BP is LOWER than what is actually being shown. ACCURACY is important on BOTH sides of the spectrum as TOO LOW pressure also has implications.

You have to take matters into your own hands. I take my pressure at home 3 times the proper way seated, with arm at heart level, 30 minutes after getting home (or upon waking) and 5 minutes after sitting down.

Given the MILLIONS of Americans on unnecessary medications due to effectively what is medical malpractice - Do you think a random Psychologist working for an employer will get a picture of your psychological state accurately in a matter of 15 to 30 minutes? It is literally a conflict of interest of the biggest proportions ever. And who is to say this is a good quality psychologist.

There are thousands of quacks with a medical degree who can barely be bothered to take BP correctly. You literally learn this in your first year of med school probably. Don't trust half of them with anything else. This goes for any other professional in this country. Nobody has pride in their work anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2019, 10:35 AM

8,788 posts, read 13,277,872 times
psychology itself is a profession just full of quackery masquerading as a science. More than 1/2 of the psychological studies published cannot be replicated. That is utterly pathetic. If I published something that could not be repeated I'd bring shame upon myself and my institution.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scien...lts-180956426/

Old 04-01-2019, 01:26 PM

28 posts, read 27,580 times
They want to know why I withdrew my application. Iím not going to tell them this was the reason, though someone probably should make them aware that this will turn candidates off.

Old 04-01-2019, 01:33 PM

37 posts, read 13,608 times
That someone should be you. If nobody speaks up they'll continue the practice.

Old 04-01-2019, 02:12 PM

5,091 posts, read 2,138,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easydoesit42 View Post
They want to know why I withdrew my application. I’m not going to tell them this was the reason, though someone probably should make them aware that this will turn candidates off.
Let 'em guess. You owe them nothing. Even if they were told, it'd still probably go over their heads.

In the mean time though - based on their weirdness - expect a visit at your home from a psychologist investigator.

Old 04-01-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntCoffey View Post
That someone should be you. If nobody speaks up they'll continue the practice.
Then let the people 'speak' with their withdrawals. A developing pattern will say much more than any one person.

Old 04-01-2019, 02:18 PM

8,788 posts, read 13,277,872 times
Someone really should tell them they need to put their HR back on their leash and learn some sense and boundaries but I agree you don't owe them jack. They wouldn't tell you anything if they decided to reject you.

Old 04-01-2019, 03:36 PM

2,053 posts, read 595,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Then let the people 'speak' with their withdrawals. A developing pattern will say much more than any one person.
they are TOO STUPID to figure that out on their own so they need some help

OP take a stand and say you don't feel it's appropriate to be evaluated by a psychologist for this role and it is not a standard practice in your field.

What you can say is:

"Hi [Name of Idiot HR manager],

After careful consideration I have decided to withdraw my application as I don't believe this would be a good fit. I do not believe that a psychological evaluation is appropriate for this type of role. So there is likely some differences in vision and values of the company and my own. I wish you only the best of luck in finding other candidates suitable for the role.

Thank You!

Sincerely,

BobNJ.

Old 04-01-2019, 07:28 PM

298 posts, read 135,520 times
Run, and don't look back.

Old 04-02-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
"Hi [Name of Idiot HR manager],

After careful consideration I have decided to withdraw my application as I don't believe this would be a good fit. I do not believe that a psychological evaluation is appropriate for this type of role. So there is likely some differences in vision and values of the company and my own. I wish you only the best of luck in finding other candidates suitable for the role.

Thank You!

Sincerely,

BobNJ.
Yes, there's value in actually pointing out the issue, instead of leaving it a mystery (as I said before). Though it takes some of your personal time, you can elevate yourself by pointing our their errors in approach. It might not lead to anything, but you can gain the pleasure of having a vehicle of expressing yourself. A plus to lessen their negative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or