Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2021, 12:12 PM

24,479 posts, read 10,804,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
I'm not going to. It's just annoying that I am kinda waiting around to see if I get a second interview or even hear back at all from them. I'm hoping to get an offer, but at this point, I dunno.
If you consider four days the week after Thanksgiving and that with a small company as annoying - time to adjust your point of view.
Please do not bombard people with thank you emails. They are so annoying and everyone knows what they mean. Do not try to nag anyone into action as it may not be the one you are looking for.
Hiring at year end is not hiring during the year.
Follow the advise given here and take your steps week by week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2021, 12:43 PM

1,908 posts, read 1,272,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
If you consider four days the week after Thanksgiving and that with a small company as annoying - time to adjust your point of view.
Please do not bombard people with thank you emails. They are so annoying and everyone knows what they mean. Do not try to nag anyone into action as it may not be the one you are looking for.
Hiring at year end is not hiring during the year.
Follow the advise given here and take your steps week by week.
I didn't "bombard" them with emails. I sent one message to each of the two people involved to show gratitude.

I must have struck a nerve. Sorry my post offended you. Thanks for the insight.

Old 12-02-2021, 01:41 PM

6,589 posts, read 11,277,081 times
Quote:
Hi,

Ok so I'll give you guys a quick run down of my situation. I am employed currently, but looking to move into another position within my industry.

I was contacted by an employer about a position that I am super interested in. I spoke with the hiring manager on the phone a few times, and I landed an interview over the phone. Also, they wanted to connect with me on LinkedIn.

She told me that the person that interviewed me said the interview went "very well", and the next steps would be to bring me in for another interview. They seemed liked they are very interested in me.

Well, today is the fourth business day that I haven't heard anything from them. I reached out to both the hiring manager and the person that interviewed me, and just simply told them "I hope you had a good Thanksgiving, and I hope to hear from you". Haven't heard anything.

How long on average does it take employers to move the hiring process to the next phase?

Or should I just consider this dead?

It's weird, they seemed very interested in me. I just hope they don't ghost me. At least tell me if I didn't get to the next phase(although they acted like I would).

I dunno, I was really excited about this one..
There is no "average". And honestly, even if there is - how do you gauge whether or not this is going to be average or not until it's happened?

I'm not sure you need to consider it dead... but at the same token, there is no benefit to just waiting around vs. continue with your job search.

At this point - you've done everything you can. Continue to search, if you hear back, great. If not, at least you didn't wait around.

Just my .02.

Old 12-02-2021, 03:09 PM

It seems like my question triggered people(?). Thanks to the people that provided actual, sound advice without the "HR" attitude.

I got the responses I needed.

Old 12-03-2021, 10:15 AM

5,317 posts, read 3,223,226 times
Quote:
I'm not going to. It's just annoying that I am kinda waiting around to see if I get a second interview or even hear back at all from them. I'm hoping to get an offer, but at this point, I dunno.
Don't get emotionally attached to a job application.

Keep your job search going.

If this company takes forever to hire you, they'll lose to the employer willing to hire you quicker.

Old 12-06-2021, 03:03 PM

Well, I have an update.

I received a call from them finally, and they got swamped with work. That's why I didn't hear back for a little.
They are putting my position on hold for two weeks so they can focus on bringing in a Senior to help break up the work load first. Then they are bringing me in for a second interview. From the way the phone call went, it sounds like I am their top candidate for the position I am interviewing for.

So I guess I assumed too quickly. I am still in the race!

Old 12-06-2021, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Well, I have an update.

I received a call from them finally, and they got swamped with work. That's why I didn't hear back for a little.
They are putting my position on hold for two weeks so they can focus on bringing in a Senior to help break up the work load first. Then they are bringing me in for a second interview. From the way the phone call went, it sounds like I am their top candidate for the position I am interviewing for.

So I guess I assumed too quickly. I am still in the race!
"position on hold" doesn't bode well - they may eliminate the position altogether, no matter how awesome you are.

But all other signs are positive.

You also learned that you need to be patient.

Old 12-06-2021, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsell View Post
"position on hold" doesn't bode well - they may eliminate the position altogether, no matter how awesome you are.

But all other signs are positive.

You also learned that you need to be patient.
Yea I know. Maybe you're right. They did take the position down online.

But they said they want to give me weekly updates. The owner apparently told the hiring manager to stay in contact with me for the two weeks. This call happened after the position was taken down online.

All I can do is expect the worst and hope for the best at this point.

Old 12-06-2021, 06:53 PM

Quote:
All I can do is expect the worst and hope for the best at this point.
I wouldn't hope for the best or expect the worst. I'd be applying for other jobs and seeing how many more offers I get, so if they take their sweet time I can get a job faster elsewhere.

Old 12-06-2021, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsell View Post
I wouldn't hope for the best or expect the worst. I'd be applying for other jobs and seeing how many more offers I get, so if they take their sweet time I can get a job faster elsewhere.
I'm still applying to other companies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search