Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2011, 09:47 PM

3 posts, read 27,776 times

Advertisements

Yup they said by the end of this week they would be done with interviews, they did discuss the pay, and they did go over my references. I have a very good feeling about it because of what the hr lady discussed with the rn but i am still kind of nervous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 12:28 AM

3 posts, read 27,776 times
Now today they checked my references, and one of them got the years that I worked for her wrong....I hope it doesn't hav an effect on me gettin the job. Do u think it will....?

Old 01-28-2011, 08:21 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,989,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktfan14 View Post
Now today they checked my references, and one of them got the years that I worked for her wrong....I hope it doesn't hav an effect on me gettin the job. Do u think it will....?
I think you need to do a better job in selecting references

Old 01-29-2011, 05:56 PM

2 posts, read 10,734 times
I had an interview last week and the interviewer/owner took me around after the interview and one by one introduced me to all the employees, she walked me to the elavador and said "you will be hearing from me tomorrow". Tomorrow came and went and I called her a couple days later and was told the position was filled. Then I interviewed somewhere else on Wed and the owner said they would be contacting someone friday to set up a second interview for the being of next week, and asked if I would be available at that time I said yes and that I look forward to hearing from them and again Friday came and went. No call, im hoping I hear something Monday but Im starting to lose hope.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:48 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmbmnn View Post
I had an interview last week and the interviewer/owner took me around after the interview and one by one introduced me to all the employees, she walked me to the elavador and said "you will be hearing from me tomorrow". Tomorrow came and went and I called her a couple days later and was told the position was filled. Then I interviewed somewhere else on Wed and the owner said they would be contacting someone friday to set up a second interview for the being of next week, and asked if I would be available at that time I said yes and that I look forward to hearing from them and again Friday came and went. No call, im hoping I hear something Monday but Im starting to lose hope.

Well do me a favor and stop calling especially 2 days after they said they will call you. Try not to look so desperate

Old 01-29-2011, 10:07 PM

26 posts, read 73,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Well do me a favor and stop calling especially 2 days after they said they will call you. Try not to look so desperate
I'd have to agree. As hard as it is to hold back no one likes a "job stalker"

Old 02-06-2011, 10:10 AM

2 posts, read 19,235 times
Default kitfn14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktfan14 View Post
Ok pretty much I jus did an interview for a job....I was introduced an had interviews with two different people on the floor. My interview started at 12 an ended aft 4. Once aft the interview ended the rn that interviewed me asked me to complete the drug test for the job. The hr person that interviewed me stated on the phone wit her that if she wasn't sure that she was gonna choose me for the job then they didn't want to complete a. Drug test, but the rn said go on so do u think honestly I could hav possibly landed the job....oh an nevertheless to say I also signed the uniform policy for the hospital an managed to get a benefits package so what do u think....?
Yes I think you got the job...they won't do drug test/background if you did'nt...they don't waste their time with that....and u already signed for uniforms....a great sign.....so CONGRATS TO YOU !!! YAYYYYY...GOOD LUCK....p.s I did'nt get the job ... everything pointed to it...but in the end there were sooooo many applicants.....they did everything that gave clues I had it....talked salary, benefits, gave me the ins. booklet,walked me around, bla bla bla....oh....and there was mention of CAKE....yea always a good sign....but no did'nt get it........but they did say they would call when they said they would....a week later....so at least I got that....but remember there are a dozen of applicants to one job today....but heck....why am I rambling, YOU GOT THE JOB !! write us back.....k....

Old 03-10-2011, 08:09 PM

1 posts, read 8,312 times
yea, today I just got a phone interview...with a health care customer service job position. I answered the questions promptly, and sometimes I actually stuttered...bad move though..but, she was pretty ok with that. I basically stuttered because I was trying to get the words out too fast. I hope I'm picked but I'm not going to feel excited although I would like to.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:20 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcclen2 View Post
yea, today I just got a phone interview...with a health care customer service job position. I answered the questions promptly, and sometimes I actually stuttered...bad move though..but, she was pretty ok with that. I basically stuttered because I was trying to get the words out too fast. I hope I'm picked but I'm not going to feel excited although I would like to.
never answer the phone right away if you know an employer is calling because

1. you appear to be not much in demand

2. you can prepare mentally before the phone interview

Old 03-11-2011, 11:56 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,443,317 times
when they call you and tell you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search