Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 08:05 AM

8,942 posts, read 20,367,927 times

Advertisements

This is the prime reason I do NOT get excited anymore over getting an interview!!!!!!! I get excited when I go into work the first day and later get my FIRST paycheck. That is excitement to me!!
The "reality check" of it all is this, yes I do get angry (and hurt) when I go thru the entire interviewing process, get told how good my experience is and how good it relates to the job opening, dress up with shirt-tie-slacks-sport coat-dress shoes and THEN be told later (over the phone), "sorry..........(blah, blah, blah)" It is extremely HARD to think positive when all of that happens!!!!! Frustration and anger can also set in when you get a phone interview and the interviewer says "we will call you back to schedule an in-person interview" and they NEVER call back!! You call them and they have a way of "brushing you off" or telling you "sorry, the position has been filled". So, what the H**L happened to the call-back you told me you'd do?????? Mad, I don't get mad.......I get pi*sed, frustrated, angry, but definitely don't get excited over an interview (either phone or in-person)......period!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 08:22 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,267,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I agree. Also, tell them how much you admire the company and would be available at any time in the future to discuss any opportunities.
Good advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
This is the prime reason I do NOT get excited anymore over getting an interview!!!!!!! I get excited when I go into work the first day and later get my FIRST paycheck. That is excitement to me!!
The "reality check" of it all is this, yes I do get angry (and hurt) when I go thru the entire interviewing process, get told how good my experience is and how good it relates to the job opening, dress up with shirt-tie-slacks-sport coat-dress shoes and THEN be told later (over the phone), "sorry..........(blah, blah, blah)" It is extremely HARD to think positive when all of that happens!!!!! Frustration and anger can also set in when you get a phone interview and the interviewer says "we will call you back to schedule an in-person interview" and they NEVER call back!!
Yeah, I think we've all pretty much been there at one time or another. And yes, it is disappointing. But keep plugging and interviewing, and try not to take it too personally. Often they did really like you, but someone else was also applying that for whatever reason, got the edge.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:34 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,070,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
The "reality check" of it all is this, yes I do get angry (and hurt) when I go thru the entire interviewing process, get told how good my experience is and how good it relates to the job opening, dress up with shirt-tie-slacks-sport coat-dress shoes and THEN be told later (over the phone), "sorry..........(blah, blah, blah)" It is extremely HARD to think positive when all of that happens!!!!! Frustration and anger can also set in when you get a phone interview and the interviewer says "we will call you back to schedule an in-person interview" and they NEVER call back!! You call them and they have a way of "brushing you off" or telling you "sorry, the position has been filled". So, what the H**L happened to the call-back you told me you'd do?????? Mad, I don't get mad.......I get pi*sed, frustrated, angry, but definitely don't get excited over an interview (either phone or in-person)......period!!
Yes, I totally agree. I have been there many times. You think you've aced it. They seem overly nice to you, then boom...you get the rejection letter or still worse...silence....

I'm guilty of over analyzing the interview...wondering if I can live on that X amount of money and projecting all sorts of scenarios before even being offered the job...anyone else do this?

Old 10-23-2008, 09:05 AM

24 posts, read 139,280 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search