Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 12:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,480 times

Advertisements

ok so I sent the Thank you letter and still after 5 days have not heard back. Now What?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 12:30 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,818,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linberty123 View Post
ok so I sent the Thank you letter and still after 5 days have not heard back. Now What?

Well I had a interview this morning and don't plan on sending a thank you letter and that goes for tomorrow's interview also. You can see now how pointless it is and can just say everything you said in the letter at the end of the interview.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:58 PM

50 posts, read 172,657 times
I think that sending a thank you letter is professional, and if you are applying and interviewing at places that require you to be professional, then you should always send one. A quick email after the interview is always a good idea in my opinion. My ivy-league (if it matters) engineering friends would never EVER not send in a thank you letter after an interview.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwightKShrute View Post
I think that sending a thank you letter is professional, and if you are applying and interviewing at places that require you to be professional, then you should always send one. A quick email after the interview is always a good idea in my opinion. My ivy-league (if it matters) engineering friends would never EVER not send in a thank you letter after an interview.

I'm going to take 4 sentences from my thank you letter and say those things at the end of the interview before I leave. My thank you letter sending days are OVER especially when I can THANK the Interviewer before I leave.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:08 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,017,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I'm going to take 4 sentences from my thank you letter and say those things at the end of the interview before I leave. My thank you letter sending days are OVER especially when I can THANK the Interviewer before I leave.
Look, you are not helping yourself at all. It takes 5 minutes to write a thank you email. Why can't you just do it? Stop looking for The Amazing Kreskin's Guide to Getting a Job and follow tried and true etiquette rules.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:19 PM

I don't get him. I really don't.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Look, you are not helping yourself at all. It takes 5 minutes to write a thank you email. Why can't you just do it? Stop looking for The Amazing Kreskin's Guide to Getting a Job and follow tried and true etiquette rules.

I'm the type of person who wants to try something different after a while and since I have sent out a thank you letter on the past three interviews, i want to do something that I never did before which is summarizing my letter before I leave the interview.

You heard the person say they sent a thank you letter 5 days ago and has not heard anything from the employer

Old 03-18-2009, 01:27 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,162,610 times
Quote:
Well I had a interview this morning and don't plan on sending a thank you letter and that goes for tomorrow's interview also. You can see now how pointless it is and can just say everything you said in the letter at the end of the interview.
Why don't you listen to those of us who have jobs? Unless you enjoy being unemployed, what does it hurt to consider the fact you might be wrong about this?

Old 03-18-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
You heard the person say they sent a thank you letter 5 days ago and has not heard anything from the employer

Just because one person did not get a response to a thank you letter, does not mean that you shouldn't write one. I receive responses to thank you letters, and sometimes I don't. Not every company is the same. Some know who they want to hire right away, and some need to wait until they can have every person in the office together for a hiring meeting, which could take a week or more. I truly believe that if a company interviews 4 people, and 3 out of the 4 send thank you letters, then the person who didn't might come off as unprofessional. You should always thank an interviewer at the end of the interview anyway, so how is this trying something new?

Old 03-18-2009, 01:30 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,470,770 times
Quote:
I'm the type of person who wants to try something different after a while and since I have sent out a thank you letter on the past three interviews, i want to do something that I never did before which is summarizing my letter before I leave the interview.

You want to try something different after THREE interviews in which you followed, "a plan" which didn't work immediately? You really DO seem to have the attention span of a two year old, as well as the mindset of that age group which is that the whole world revolves around them and them only.

It would be such an eye-opener to see you actually give someone other than yourself a little boost once in a while. But, as always, it all makes for amusing reading and at least it gives others in the same unemployed boat hope for themselves if YOU'RE getting interviewed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search