Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 04:41 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dardekkis View Post
This has nothing to do with what JTGJR just said...do you even read the responses people bother to type you?

Why doesn't it? He said I need to learn how to handle two interviews in one day and I said it's not a matter of whether I can handle it, the location of both interviews may not be close to each other
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 04:48 PM

2,365 posts, read 11,127,376 times
Not exactly true t.v. guy...

Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy
See that's the thing, I want to me totally focused on one interview, not two in that same day. One Interview is nerve racking enough so it's just best to have one a day.

JT was responding to your quote above, not to the new one below.... hmmm

It just may conflict with the other interview because of time or location so it's best to spread them out.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:04 PM

1,786 posts, read 6,899,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I tried that before and let me tell you that going on two interviews in one day is not a good idea, Just too mentally draining.So has anyone else gone on Two Interviews in One Day?
As I stated, I didn't read the whole thread. I saw this one under the title of "Would you schedule Two interviews for the same day?"

If your title and first post was "Would you schedule Two interviews at the same time on the same day?"

I would have provided different counsel.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:11 PM

Well, since people do change things on you....I wound schedule the job, i really want in the morning..and the second favorite in the afternoon.

Having two interviews in the same day is not nerve wrecking if they are both downtown, and I can hangout in a coffee shope in between.

But they can be a logistical nightmare if one is northeast phila, the other in west phila or even worst the second one is in king of prussia which took me 3 hours to get to and I was late for the interview.

but downtown Phila is a breeze. And W. Phila is not too bad, if you have a car or take the EL.

Don't take the bus!! It will take forever!!

good luck!

Old 03-17-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gea12345 View Post
Well, since people do change things on you....I wound schedule the job, i really want in the morning..and the second favorite in the afternoon.

Having two interviews in the same day is not nerve wrecking if they are both downtown, and I can hangout in a coffee shope in between.

But they can be a logistical nightmare if one is northeast phila, the other in west phila or even worst the second one is in king of prussia which took me 3 hours to get to and I was late for the interview.

but downtown Phila is a breeze. And W. Phila is not too bad, if you have a car or take the EL.

Don't take the bus!! It will take forever!!

good luck!

If I agreed, one interview would have been in South Philly and the other one in North Philly.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
If I agreed, one interview would have been in South Philly and the other one in North Philly.

Yes, I agree , definitely a logistical nightmare, since north phila has broad street subway, some jobs are only reachable by a bus, that runs once every 30 minutes,,,but you have to wait for it 30 minutes.. and they dont' follow their timetables.

again good luck!

Old 03-17-2009, 05:36 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,836,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gea12345 View Post
See that's the thing, I want to me totally focused on one interview, not two in that same day. One Interview is nerve racking enough so it's just best to have one a day.

JT was responding to your quote above, not to the new one below.... hmmm

It just may conflict with the other interview because of time or location so it's best to spread them out.
He can't even handle TWO responses on a forum in one day, ya'll give him a break. You expect him to have TWO meaningful, professional, career-oriented conversations with two different physical, real live people, in person?! Come-on, now, lets get real, back off the guy.

For proof of what I'm saying, look at his post,

Quote:
TVandSportsGuy
befriend

Why doesn't it? He said I need to learn how to handle two interviews in one day and I said it's not a matter of whether I can handle it, the location of both interviews may not be close to each other
May not be close? He hasn't even spent the time to look up the addresses, yet he has the time to come on CD, talk about how he shouldn't do this, shouldn't do that. Looking for anybody to agree with him. Rather than spend the time, get the addresses, see how far apart they are, do a little due diligence, and say to himself, "I can do this" No, They may not be close, so I better start looking for excuses. Thats all I see. Once again, TVSG. The acronym stands.

Last edited by sinsativ; 03-17-2009 at 05:52 PM..

Old 03-17-2009, 06:37 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
The thing that worries me is, someone is going to print out the text of this entire thread, and have a complete season script for a 'reality TV' show that will blow all the others out of the water. And what are the rest of us going to get for having contributed to it? Nothing. Not even a job interview for a position as consulting writers!

Old 03-17-2009, 06:45 PM

1,111 posts, read 4,638,942 times
TVGuy, I have a few questions for you - How badly do you need a job? Do you still live at home with mom & dad? Have a trust fund that covers all your expenses?

Because your constant threads just re-enforces everyone's belief that you are wasting people's time here and don't really need a job. Maybe your here to troll, or maybe you really are as ignorant and naive as you come across.

Everytime you have a interview, you come here with another thread bragging about how many interviews you have or how you've gotten it all by yourself, but then question every little action by a employer that only you find unprofessional. Excuse after excuse about why you don't want the job or why you should cancel, just waiting for someone here to agree with you. Nevermind the countless number of people who respond with solid advice, no more of a "thanks" from you or even a response, but you decide to completely ignore them and continue with your immature comments about why you should cancel the next interview.

If you really need a job as you've stated, then you should be appreciative that your even getting interviews. Not complaining about how you have 2 in one day, or how far apart they are of each other. I'm sure there are plenty of people, including some on here, who really need a job and doubt they will be complaining about having 2 in 1 day.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danameless View Post
TVGuy, I have a few questions for you - How badly do you need a job? Do you still live at home with mom & dad? Have a trust fund that covers all your expenses?

Because your constant threads just re-enforces everyone's belief that you are wasting people's time here and don't really need a job. Maybe your here to troll, or maybe you really are as ignorant and naive as you come across.

Everytime you have a interview, you come here with another thread bragging about how many interviews you have or how you've gotten it all by yourself, but then question every little action by a employer that only you find unprofessional. Excuse after excuse about why you don't want the job or why you should cancel, just waiting for someone here to agree with you. Nevermind the countless number of people who respond with solid advice, no more of a "thanks" from you or even a response, but you decide to completely ignore them and continue with your immature comments about why you should cancel the next interview.

If you really need a job as you've stated, then you should be appreciative that your even getting interviews. Not complaining about how you have 2 in one day, or how far apart they are of each other. I'm sure there are plenty of people, including some on here, who really need a job and doubt they will be complaining about having 2 in 1 day.

No I live on my own but as someone on this board said, just because you are unemployed doesn't mean you don't have a choice of where you want to work and what kind of work you want to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search