Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 11:27 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,794,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danameless View Post
My point, if you actually understand the point I was making, is that there is no significance in when you have a interview to go to or when you get a call from a employer, when you are unemployed. as I've said, I have taken calls at any time of the day, any day of the week, and went to every interview I was able to get, without whining and complaining about what time they called me or what day of the week it was.

I;m going to say this for the last time-"I WILL GO TO A INTERVIEW ON A MONDAY BUT IF I HAD MY PREFERENCE I WOULD CHOOSE ANOTHER DAY!!!!!!!!

why is everyone acting like I said I CANCELLED A MONDAY INTERVIEW???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 11:31 PM

1,111 posts, read 4,628,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
Just got an email scheduling one for Monday, got one last week on Sunday night for one on Monday.
Unacceptable. I suggest you email the employer back and let them know that Monday doesn't work for you and to re-schedule it to Tuesday or Wednesday

Old 04-05-2009, 01:22 AM

50 posts, read 172,604 times
Whoa whoa whoa. For once I am on Tvguy's side. He didn't say anything about refusing to interview on a Monday or a Friday, just that it is less likely to get a CALL for an interview on a Friday. And like I said, most Mon-Fri 9-5 type places won't call you on a Friday for an interview because if they do not reach you and get your voicemail, you won't be able to call them back until Monday, or if you do call them back and they just happened to want to leave early on Friday, they will feel obligated to return your call before the end of the day or wait until Monday. As far as scheduling an actual interview on a Friday, I'm sure that that isn't so rare, but actually receiving a CALL is less common.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:35 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,012,768 times
TV Guy, you keep hanging in there. You just have to be open to everything, and I am sorry, but do not go on here voicing your preferences about how you want a job interview on such and such a day and expect everyone to agree.

I hope you get a job offer soon. I understand you need to use public transportation so maybe you only have M-F to get there.

I don't think anyone should judge anyone by how long they have been out of work. I haven't had a job since August but I don't give a **** about 'critics' who says, "Your resumes must suck' (untrue) or "You are just not looking hard enough.' I recently had 2 interviews and could easily do the jobs but right now there are just so many people who can do these jobs that the employer can be overly demanding.

What I have learned, though, is that you have to be open to new things and open to opportunities and not be rigid. I encourage you to stop thinking about 'you' so much and go out and volunteer and help others...you may be surprised how you find a shift in your attitudes.

Old 04-05-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
TV Guy, you keep hanging in there. You just have to be open to everything, and I am sorry, but do not go on here voicing your preferences about how you want a job interview on such and such a day and expect everyone to agree.

I hope you get a job offer soon. I understand you need to use public transportation so maybe you only have M-F to get there.

I don't think anyone should judge anyone by how long they have been out of work. I haven't had a job since August but I don't give a **** about 'critics' who says, "Your resumes must suck' (untrue) or "You are just not looking hard enough.' I recently had 2 interviews and could easily do the jobs but right now there are just so many people who can do these jobs that the employer can be overly demanding.

What I have learned, though, is that you have to be open to new things and open to opportunities and not be rigid. I encourage you to stop thinking about 'you' so much and go out and volunteer and help others...you may be surprised how you find a shift in your attitudes.

I was judging by someone saying they sent out 500 resumes and got no response. If that's the case then the resume needs revamping.

Old 04-05-2009, 04:39 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,012,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I was judging by someone saying they sent out 500 resumes and got no response. If that's the case then the resume needs revamping.
My comments actually were not directed (re:resumes) to you.

Anyhow, good luck. It's hard not to get down but you will be okay.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:24 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,784,699 times
Quote:
All the calls I received for interviews were Monday to Thursday. Even received a call at 5:30pm on a Thursday instead of a Friday Morning-lol Just something I have noticed during my job search that I found interesting. Not to say this is the case for everyone, but it has been for me. Will the Non-friday Calls end during the month of April?? I will see in the next 4 fridays.

I know of a few companies that are having people take every other Friday off w/o pay until the economy gets better. That and the normal flex schedules account for this.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:22 AM

499 posts, read 1,524,797 times
Default Hate weekends now...

Being unemployed makes me hate weekends!!. Seems like the HR people disappear from Thursday afternoon until Tuesday morning!

Old 04-07-2009, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roncorey1 View Post
Being unemployed makes me hate weekends!!. Seems like the HR people disappear from Thursday afternoon until Tuesday morning!

Yup it sure does.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:39 PM

900 posts, read 1,697,417 times
Quote:
You returned the call today? What kind of business is this? Retail or Food Service?
sales (not retail)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search