Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 11:15 AM

2,365 posts, read 11,127,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpan78 View Post
I have one more question..probably HR people here will know..
Am I correct assuming the following?
A Co will not give rejections until someone will accept the offer..Then, they will let the rest know that they do not get a job..
How does it really work???

Well, that sounds like common sense. Why would you reject, until you have at least one acceptance...

Based on the above posts, different companies do things differently. Eveything from a handshake, to wanting you to sign in blood, to you showing up to work, and no one there knows who you are or who hired you...lol ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 11:32 AM

1,111 posts, read 4,638,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gea12345 View Post
Well, that sounds like common sense. Why would you reject, until you have at least one acceptance...

Based on the above posts, different companies do things differently. Eveything from a handshake, to wanting you to sign in blood, to you showing up to work, and no one there knows who you are or who hired you...lol ;-)
This depends. In regards to the candidates they bring in for interviews, they will immediately reject the ones they feel are not qualified for the position, even if no one has accepted. A employer wants to find a best candidate, but that does not always mean the "best" candidate is in the pool of people they are interviewing. So if they bring in 10 people for interviews, and they decide that 6 of them are not right for the role, they will generally let those 6 people know right away, and continue to bring in the remaining 4 for 2nd round interviews.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:43 AM

222 posts, read 779,588 times
Default offers

Quote:
Originally Posted by danameless View Post
This depends. In regards to the candidates they bring in for interviews, they will immediately reject the ones they feel are not qualified for the position, even if no one has accepted. A employer wants to find a best candidate, but that does not always mean the "best" candidate is in the pool of people they are interviewing. So if they bring in 10 people for interviews, and they decide that 6 of them are not right for the role, they will generally let those 6 people know right away, and continue to bring in the remaining 4 for 2nd round interviews.
That makes sense.
Thank you

Old 04-14-2009, 12:00 PM

2,365 posts, read 11,127,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danameless View Post
Heh...sorry... i was indulging my funny bone, and not critiquing the question from if x then y or if y then x.

sorry...but i like to make myself laugh...sometimes... oh boy

And pssst ;-) from my wealth of experience, and I have received tons of reject letters over the years, they have all, hmm never say all, Said, hmm unfortunately Ms. Gea we cannot offer you the position of CEO at this time, we have selected someone who meets our companies needs. Or we do not have a position open for your skills and experience. or Thank you for coming in, we have selected another candidate for this position.

This observation is in response to the Ops comment: Then, they will let the rest know that they do not get a job..

But yes, of course, some companies close a position for many reasons, but usually in my opinion, it is because they have selected someone else. But of course it is possible that they did not find the right person in the first class of interviewees. But my guess is that unless they permanently close the position, they wait until they have selected the position to send out reject letters. Makes business sense to me, since some fields are very incestuous and people know each other!

just one opinion ;-)

Last edited by gea12345; 04-14-2009 at 12:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search