Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 05:08 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkkt6 View Post
LOL, this guy is so entertaining. And to find out he FAXED a thank you letter is just hysterical.

Well it was suggested I do snail mail but I didn't want wait until Wednesday for her to get it so instead she got it today. And if they want you to be apart of their team I dont think HOW a letter was sent makes a difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 05:52 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
"Well I will do a email version today also since you brought that to my attention."

And so the saga continues. What WOULD this forum be without TVSG's threads and posts?

Seriously, TVSG (and as I mentioned on another of your posts/threads but to which you declined to respond) if you need any helpful hints where TP is concerned, I'm more than happy to provide you with my personal recommendations. I have a restaurant so am naturally concerned with cost control, efficacy and such where even TP is concerned.

Getting back to topic, what font are you using for these letters? Both the font and the font size are VERY important and something to be weighed most carefully.
Oh Lordy, now we'll have a six page agonized discussion about the merits of serif v san serif and 10 v 12 point fonts.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:37 PM

1,111 posts, read 4,637,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Oh Lordy, now we'll have a six page agonized discussion about the merits of serif v san serif and 10 v 12 point fonts.
Personally, I prefer san serif or arial , my resume is in arial.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:38 PM

1,111 posts, read 4,637,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
I think you should call up the first lady who interviewed you and tell her that you've forgotten the name of the second lady who interviewed you and ask her to please help. After you have duly received the name of that lady you should write her a nice thank you letter telling her how much you enjoyed talking to her, at the same time hoping that the FIRST lady doesn't mention to the SECOND lady that you actually forgot her name. Just to cover yourself, a nice thank you letter to the Director (of course not the same letter as you sent last time) wouldn't be remiss. If you don't hear anything within a few days, I would then follow up with some more letters reminding them all about the first letters. You could repeat this one more time to be on the safe side and make sure they remember you but, if you don't hear anything back in six months I'd consider that employment avenue closed.
Can you break this up into numbered steps like sinsativ? I think this might be a little too confusing for him to follow...

Old 04-29-2009, 05:03 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danameless View Post
Can you break this up into numbered steps like sinsativ? I think this might be a little too confusing for him to follow...
Good point but I was angling towards possibly initiating a bit of basic brain exercise by not making it overly simplistic.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:47 AM

2,982 posts, read 9,832,376 times
Ten Font or
not Ten Font
That is the question.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:08 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
Ten Font or
not Ten Font
That is the question.
But maybe 11 might be better? Or is that only on Tuesday?

Old 04-29-2009, 08:16 AM

2,982 posts, read 9,832,376 times
On Tuesday you get Eggroll.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:20 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,065,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
On Tuesday you get Eggroll.
I think I saw that movie...no, wait, that's With Six You Get Eggroll!!

Old 04-29-2009, 09:35 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
To ten font or not to ten font is really the question and for a REAL heads up I'd go for 72 bold.

Tuesday eggroll? I don't know about that. Tuesday is the day to post yet anther question when Monday's interviews get confusing and I would sort of assume that Monday would be left-overs and Tuesday would be pizza while watching ESPN and then deciding upon the next strategic move where the resume is concerned, whether to change the headline or the font or the objective which is all such a worry.

To all you unemployed, I am NOT poking fun at you, so don't take offense. TVSG is just so EASY and NEVER responds to anyone who has good advice for him, feeds on favorable comments from those who feel sorry for him, NEVER offers any support to anyone else similarly unemployed and I do think that we all hope he soon gets a job.

Even in the worst of times a sense of humor and a degree of optimism sees us through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search