Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 02:51 PM

8,942 posts, read 20,367,927 times

Advertisements

Well............NO LUCK!! Local library only offers computer classes to the "beginner" (and I do mean BEGINNER!). As in, Managing Your E-Mail Account, Basic Computer and Learning To Use The Internet.
Stopped at local college. No advanced computer program classes available. Only Excel, Word and a few others that I already know......absolutely nothing specifically that I need! Called two other community colleges......NOTHING! The only online classes for SBT, Peachtree and FRx
(all Accounting/Purchasing/Inventory type programs that I haven't used) cost $495 and classes are given to companies that buy the software. I already know MAS90, Platinum and Solomon.
So, this thing didn't work out like wife and I thought it might!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 05:13 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Well there's an objective opinion. I've tried to give you advice, but it falls on deaf ears. You want your way or no way, and expect an employer to hire you and train you. Why should they when the next guy in line doesn't need training.

For my job I brought to the table not only everything my employer was looking for but a whole bunch more that he hadn't even thought of. So yes, I AM the perfect employee for this position, which is how I got the job and 300+ others didn't. The sooner you realize that's the key to findng work these days, the sooner you'll find it. You NEED to offer more than your potential employer is looking for. If you can't immediately contribute to the bottom line and profitability of the company, they will find someone who can. You don't want to hear that, but it's the truth and the sooner you realize it, the sooner you'll find work.

You must don't do much since you post on here all f*cking DAY. LOL You are a FRAUD

Old 06-10-2009, 05:16 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
You must don't do much since you post on here all f*cking DAY. LOL You are a FRAUD
Nope, just finished a big project at work and don't really have much to do until next week. If I'm a fraud, they're paying me a lot of money to be one--which is fine by me.

Oh, and I type at close to 80 words a minutes unlike your piddly 25.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:16 AM

One thing annerk, you do sound like you like to "brag" a lot! I can also tell that you and TVGuy don't like each other very much either!
But, he is right, you are on this forum quite a bit giving advice and saying how good you have it. Oh, and by the way, I use to know a guy that worked in a Shipping/Recieving Office that typed over 80 wpm! He truely amazed me watching him "go at it"!

Quote:
Nope, just finished a big project at work and don't really have much to do until next week. If I'm a fraud, they're paying me a lot of money to be one--which is fine by me.

Oh, and I type at close to 80 words a minutes unlike your piddly 25.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
One thing annerk, you do sound like you like to "brag" a lot! I can also tell that you and TVGuy don't like each other very much either!
But, he is right, you are on this forum quite a bit giving advice and saying how good you have it. Oh, and by the way, I use to know a guy that worked in a Shipping/Recieving Office that typed over 80 wpm! He truely amazed me watching him "go at it"!
In this case I'm not bragging, I'm making a point to TVSG who was being rather rude to me.

I give a lot of very, very valid advice. If you don't like it, don't read it.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:22 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,070,116 times
Why the heck are you guys arguing with each other? It's like a flipping preschool here sometimes.

Just agree to disagree and stop acting like children.

The point of this forum is to help and support each other, not rip each other apart.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:38 AM

Like I said, I've given a lot of very, very valid advice. it's unfortunate that some people are so set in thier ways that they don't want to hear it. it's their way or no way--which is in some cases why people are unemployed.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Well............NO LUCK!! Local library only offers computer classes to the "beginner" (and I do mean BEGINNER!). As in, Managing Your E-Mail Account, Basic Computer and Learning To Use The Internet.
Stopped at local college. No advanced computer program classes available. Only Excel, Word and a few others that I already know......absolutely nothing specifically that I need! Called two other community colleges......NOTHING! The only online classes for SBT, Peachtree and FRx
(all Accounting/Purchasing/Inventory type programs that I haven't used) cost $495 and classes are given to companies that buy the software. I already know MAS90, Platinum and Solomon.
So, this thing didn't work out like wife and I thought it might!
It seems to me that if I needed to know a software program to become employed--even if it cost $495--I'd shell out the cash to take it. One weeks pay would more than cover the investment.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
True. I just have been doing this too long. It's a self preserving thing (reject them before they reject me). I know it's wrong thinking but I was tired yesterday.

Have to get back and focus today.
Any news yet Gypsy? Also, have you tried to get on with the census? it's only temporary, but it's supposed to pay fairly well. Just a thought.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:12 PM

Have to agree with you here, especially the last sentence!

Quote:
In this case I'm not bragging, I'm making a point to TVSG who was being rather rude to me.

I give a lot of very, very valid advice. If you don't like it, don't read it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search