Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 04:01 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times

Advertisements

Testing somebody is so arrogant.

Just outright ask are you into relationships? Do you currently have F buddies? In the recent past have you been more into casual sex or have you always been a relationship type person? etc. If they don't convince you that they are into you and want to date you then you kindly and politely move on.

You can judge somebody is shallow by how they respond and appear. Do they always talk about themselves while showing no interest or concern about you? Do they name drop or brag about money, fashion, items they own, etc.

You don't have to "test" anybody. That brings out the bad side in people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
So finding out if someone is addicted to sex or is shallow is "Hurdle jumping"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 04:06 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
I would say that "testing" is the pinnacle of shallow.

Old 07-19-2009, 04:07 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Testing somebody is so arrogant.

Just outright ask are you into relationships? Do you currently have F buddies? In the recent past have you been more into casual sex or have you always been a relationship type person? etc. If they don't convince you that they are into you and want to date you then you kindly and politely move on.

You can judge somebody is shallow by how they respond and appear. Do they always talk about themselves while showing no interest or concern about you? Do they name drop or brag about money, fashion, items they own, etc.

You don't have to "test" anybody. That brings out the bad side in people.

Things that makes me think someone is shallow from the start is if I send two photos and they say-"do you have any full body pics?

Old 07-19-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Things that makes me think someone is shallow from the start is if I send two photos and they say-"do you have any full body pics?
As long as they aren't asking for nudes, what's the problem? Different women are attracted to different body types, and if there's never going to be chemistry because you don't have the body type she's attracted to, why would you want to waste your time?

Old 07-19-2009, 04:13 PM

Are you meaning fully nude photos? Because that is just wrong and beyond tacky.

If they want to see what you look like holistically in clothing then that is more understandable. I'm personally not turned off by that; however, you need to add more criteria to your "shallow" list.

Quote:

Old 07-19-2009, 04:14 PM

I agree. Some men have very weird and disproportionately shaped bodies. Others have nice faces and nice shoulders but then you look down and their stomach is hanging over their pants and their legs are like deformed ham hocks. Ewwwwwww.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
As long as they aren't asking for nudes, what's the problem? Different women are attracted to different body types, and if there's never going to be chemistry because you don't have the body type she's attracted to, why would you want to waste your time?

Old 07-19-2009, 05:03 PM

60 posts, read 289,695 times
In terms of "studying" I think it is good to really have as thorough an understanding of the company you are interviewing with as possible. Additionally, you should be prepared to highlight certain points about your background that you think are important and relevant to the position. And you should also reflect on your background so that you have some situational examples of actions you have taken in the past that could relevant to the role you are interviewing against.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:04 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,585,248 times
Quote:
Yes you have to prepare and be ready for normal questions like-"what is your weakenesses?

I don't know what you mean about not being able to answer a question when the questions being asked will be about you

The way I have seen interviews are those round table interviews. 8 - 10 people each asking a question. It is nerve racking. What was your biggest accomplishment in the last year?

How do you multi task? This one is usually asked by some ceo or executive that has no clue how to multitask.

I think my issue is nerves and I can not seem to calm them!

Old 07-21-2009, 05:01 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,065,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingSAT View Post
The way I have seen interviews are those round table interviews. 8 - 10 people each asking a question. It is nerve racking. What was your biggest accomplishment in the last year?

How do you multi task? This one is usually asked by some ceo or executive that has no clue how to multitask.

I think my issue is nerves and I can not seem to calm them!
I think panel interviews are now the norm, even for crappy jobs! I was shocked to have several where you have 4 or more people shooting questions at you. I suppose no one wants to be blamed if the person they hire is not up to scratch.

I can see this for a good or high powered job but a dinky little part time admin job...??

Old 07-21-2009, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
I can see this for a good or high powered job but a dinky little part time admin job...??
Actually I can definitley see it for the admin job. To be a good admin you need to be fast on your feet, able to multi-task, able to prioritize, and able to manage a variety of people all wanting a piece of you at the same time. A group interview definitely seperates the men from the boys in that regard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search