Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 12:32 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,493,141 times

Advertisements

Seems like a weird company, I would stay away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 01:22 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,398,287 times
Who knows what or why anyone wants anymore? I did take one from my last position to an interview since I am now operating on the principle of throw something out there and maybe it will stick. One of the interviewers looked suprised but interested and the other asked questions as if the paper was not right in front of him. I really think if the first interviewer had been the only person invovled I would have had a chance. You could tell that no one could please the second interviewer (including his coworker sitting next to him) if they stood on their head backwards.

With the unemployment figures that came out yesterday, I'd take about anything they wanted.

Old 04-17-2014, 03:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,116 times
I work for the State of Florida & a supervisor told me they train them not score anyone all 5's, which is perfect & tell them "after all, nobody is perfect". I recently came to work for a State of Florida agency & did my best to get all 5's. I received a few emails from my supervisor throughout my first year telling me what a perfect job I was doing, perfect attendance, punctual, "hit the ground running & haven't slowed down yet", always willing to help others when asked, etc. After my year probation was up she did an evaluation on me & gave me an overall 3, which is "satisfactory". It really bothered me because that's a part of my record & like you say - now when you go on job interviews - they're asking you to bring the evaluation so it could keep me from getting another job. I knew from past experience that uppers encourage supervisors not to give all 5's but I know I did a lot more than just a "satisfactory, 3". I went above & beyond the call of duty & I know it & God knows it - so I guess that's all that matters.

Old 04-17-2014, 04:07 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,776,280 times
I wouldn't do that. If they want that, they can contact your former employer themselves and order them.

Old 04-17-2014, 04:19 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,050,928 times
Odd.

Old 04-17-2014, 04:24 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,675,984 times
Inform them that your old jobs have them.
This job seems weird.Slackers come in all sizes.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:12 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,089,446 times
Allow me to offer a different perspective e from the HM perspective. I want to hire the best person for the job. I have no way of knowing if you're the best or not. You to me you are. You selectively provide me information (I.e. Interviews and references) that says you are. But, how can I validate what you are telling me. What objective standard is at my disposal? Pro. Lu, the best is your last performance evaluation - which tells me what someone else like me ?i.e. Your last supervisor) thought of you when there wasn't another job on the line.

Now, some may feel uncomfortable because their last appraisal isn't glowing. Do you really think that I don't know that you're not perfect. That's the very reason I am trying to get access to information that will give me an honest assessment of you (warts and all). I'm a supervisor too. I know that evaluations aren't perfect. I just want somewhere to start. If there are some areas that raise questions, I can delve deeper (with you or your former supervisor). It is actually a great tool to help me get to know the real you better.

How you respond also tells me a lot about your integrity. If you tell me that "my last employee forbids me from releasing that information," or "we didn't get evaluations," that is information that is easily verified with your former employer.

You're right. You don't have to provide it to me, it unless there is a good reason to withhold it, you're probably. Of getting the job. You have already told me much of what I need to know about you. I think you'll see much more of this happening in the future.

Old 03-11-2017, 02:01 PM

1 posts, read 502 times
I have a terrible relationship with my current boss. Her evaluations of my performance are awful. During a recent interview I was asked to send them evaluations. I am afraid I won't be able to be hired.

Old 03-11-2017, 02:41 PM

724 posts, read 443,674 times
First i don't know of anyone that keeps copies of performance reviews and most companies these days will only give out information like dates hired and position.

Old 03-15-2017, 10:56 AM

738 posts, read 581,118 times
Feel free to lie, if you think you can get away with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search