Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 09:12 PM

853 posts, read 4,016,989 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever had a group interview with more than one candidate participating in the interview?????

I received a voice mail from a company asking me to come to a group interview next week with other candidates if I am interested in a position with them.

I met the manager already as I interviewed with the company recently (they selected another candidate but they also told me that they will call me if another position opens up, which is what they are doing now).

Just curious if anyone has gone through this and what your experience was with it? I already have another unusual interview that same day, so I am not even sure I can make it to this one (I posted about my other one as well, I am being asked to bring old employee evaluations!).

It sure seems like companies are trying new ways of screening their candidates.....

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 09:15 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,374,853 times
Yes, flight attendant jobs require group interviews.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:25 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,782,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reneeme View Post
Has anyone ever had a group interview with more than one candidate participating in the interview?????

I received a voice mail from a company asking me to come to a group interview next week with other candidates if I am interested in a position with them.

I met the manager already as I interviewed with the company recently (they selected another candidate but they also told me that they will call me if another position opens up, which is what they are doing now).

Just curious if anyone has gone through this and what your experience was with it? I already have another unusual interview that same day, so I am not even sure I can make it to this one (I posted about my other one as well, I am being asked to bring old employee evaluations!).

It sure seems like companies are trying new ways of screening their candidates.....

Thanks.

I had one in february and april. The interview consisted of me and 11 other candidates talking to each other while the managers and directors observed how we communicated in a group. I didn't make it to the 3rd round in February but made it to the final round in May.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:48 PM

1,450 posts, read 4,237,131 times
How sadistic!

Old 07-24-2009, 09:51 PM

256 posts, read 892,128 times
Yes once. After hearing them talk for 10 minutes I figured it was a pyramid scam, so I walked out.

Old 07-24-2009, 10:03 PM

989 posts, read 1,869,477 times
Multiple candidates? Sounds like that TV show "The Apprentice". Was Donald Trump there?

Old 07-24-2009, 10:19 PM

853 posts, read 4,016,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I had one in february and april. The interview consisted of me and 11 other candidates talking to each other while the managers and directors observed how we communicated in a group. I didn't make it to the 3rd round in February but made it to the final round in May.
Hi, I just listed to the voice mail about the interview again, and what you are saying sounds exactly like how it will be, a bunch of candidates in a room talking to eachother, while the employer watches us!

I am not sure I would do too well at this.......not when it is intentional and we are being watched......

Hmmmm......

Old 07-24-2009, 10:28 PM

1,450 posts, read 4,237,131 times
I had someone call me for a phone interview, turned out to be a pyramid scheme + conference call, I couldn't disconnect, then, they kept calling back!

Old 07-24-2009, 11:22 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,782,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reneeme View Post
Hi, I just listed to the voice mail about the interview again, and what you are saying sounds exactly like how it will be, a bunch of candidates in a room talking to eachother, while the employer watches us!

I am not sure I would do too well at this.......not when it is intentional and we are being watched......

Hmmmm......

Why Not?

Old 07-25-2009, 03:16 AM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,748,491 times
The only time I had a group interview was with RGIS Inventory (a low-wage, part-time craptastic job).

There were three people in our group, but we did the official interview one at a time after being given an overview of the company and the job resposibilities. The interview took about 10 seconds and was essentially "are you sure you want to work here?" LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search