Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 06:16 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,989,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Shut up, okay? No one said we wanted to hear it sucks..I was asking for honest comments...trying to help people...Are you a mind reader as well as 'vocational guidance counselor?'
I am glad people have positive posts here. I haven't been online all day to read or respond...despite being unemployed, I have A LIFE and a family...my son has been ill, okay? So back off..

Postive Posters? well you certainly don't fall in that category. Also you changed your question when you did not get the negative replies you wanted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 06:17 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,693,803 times
I had another one very quickly but turned it down because they only wanted to pay me $11.30 per hour

Old 08-05-2009, 06:19 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,064,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Postive Posters? well you certainly don't fall in that category. Also you changed your question when you did not get the negative replies you wanted.
I changed my question because I am in the category of an office worker and want to know if there are better places to find jobs in my field. Okay?? Ohh...I am so sneaky???

You want to attack me...? Take your best shot, okay...let the people speak..I have nothing else to say to you. I have had a very bad week and I am not really interested in sparring with you.

..Maybe Annerk and our Island Friend will come play with you.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:24 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,017,224 times
Quote:
You spend so much time and energy trying to have a PITY PARTY instead of giving up with a rmployment game plan. The first 5 people who responded to your thread said they have known people who was hired in the last 30 days and I guess that RUINED your party huh?

I guess you were expected responses like

Nope I know no one
economy sucks
There are no jobs out there
This is from the guy that couldn't decide to answer the phone or not and agonized over whether to button his shirt top down or bottom up when getting ready for an interview.

You work in a field that constantly has job openings, and in a large city on top of it. You have a very different situation. I think that you need to take some of your nastiness towards Gypsy and ask yourself if you'd say the same thing to one of your clients. My guess is not, because they'd beat you to a freaking pulp.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:25 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,017,224 times
Quote:
Like you post anything positive or useful? Most of your posts are simply insults towards others or misogynistic remarks.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:42 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Like you post anything positive or useful? Most of your posts are simply insults towards others or misogynistic remarks.
slow down Ms. Big time

Old 08-05-2009, 08:51 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,678,458 times
Quote:
We have 17 year olds who can't find jobs....20 somethings with degrees from prestigious universities who are unemployed, 30 somethings who have 15 years experience and are out of work, people in their 40s who are being ignored thanks to ageism or something...and so on..

IS ANYONE GETTING JOBS NOW? I mean regular people, not people with fancy certification that no one has...normal people out there...

Seriously--how many of you have been hired in the last 30 days and what do you do??
Yes, people are getting hired.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:56 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Yes, people are getting hired.

She was hoping a lot of posters say NO so she could feel better about being unemployed.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:00 PM
Rei

494 posts, read 1,760,917 times
I was just hired at another firm as a civil engineering two weeks ago. I only have 3 years experience and almost finishing up with an MS with water resources emphasis. Including benefits (vc, health, perks), I estimated that the company probably pay close to 100k.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:11 PM

10,832 posts, read 14,926,797 times
Quote:
Okay, thanks for the feedback.
New question (people can keep replying...)

Is there anyone here in administration or office work who has been hired (or knows anyone who has been hired) recently (apart from government workers?)

These jobs seem to be hardest hit.
I've noticed if you don't directly make money you are at risk of losing your job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search