Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 03:53 PM

139 posts, read 254,665 times

Advertisements

I have the ability to use Microsoft word, Excel, and power point. I have been a Microsoft word Certified assistant in Microsoft word. Excel attended a business &
Administration in Drums, Pennsylvania and Diploma HS
Graduate. Participate in Computer activities graphic designs
Typing memorandums paragraphs and words also to seek
Employment in administrative assistant with knowledge
In Administrative Assistance
Lowest I will expect Salary 35,000 to 55,000 yearly
Pay rate $12.50 to $13.00
5 Years Microsoft word certified
January 2006 – Recent
November 2004 Present
Walmart Stores
Forestville MD, 20747
Position Sales Team member:
Assist guest on prices for items.
Listen to managers rules and follow supervisor's directions.
Listen to advice, and answer questions that guest ask me in a discussion.
Help guest identify the difference in two different brand name items with two different prices; give them a good idea why they should buy that item.
Prepare for head quarter visits listen to the managers and supervisors instructions on keeping the store clean and helping the sales move.
Keeping a nice smile, and being helpful to guest.
Helping guest find an item in the store and finding a price for it.
Vocational Trade Center
July 2000- October 2002 Keystone Job Corps Center
Drums, Pennsylvania 18222
Business & Administrative assistant graphic design
Microsoft word Certified, excel, and power point.
High school diploma,
Graduate with a Diploma.
Microsoft Word Certified
I have knowledge of using a Lexmark Printer that has a Scan/Copier inside Click on the file menu and print. Scan Documents by clicking scan, and Copier
Use of opening applications on a personal computer
I have the ability to type a Memorandum, at the rate of 37 to 45 words per minute.
Using Mail Merge on Microsoft word, go to tools, letters and mailing.
I have the knowledge of using a telephone by dialing the area code and seven digit number and communicating on an answering machine system.
References Available upon request.

Last edited by Ina Van Down By The River; 10-19-2009 at 04:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 04:16 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,178,366 times
My spell check only corrected Walmart to Wal-Mart.

Old 10-19-2009, 04:22 PM

Yeah I can fix that wasn't sure, have to verify off a pay stub.
Been working there for quit some time you'd think I'd notice the sign by now haha.
But the truth is I get within 1/2 mile from work and I get in the zone and my pereferal vision goes to the wayside you mow haha?
That's why I know I can move up.
Thakns for the reply and correction, sir!

Old 10-19-2009, 04:30 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,178,366 times
Pro noblem!

Old 10-20-2009, 05:03 AM

shameless bump!

Old 10-20-2009, 05:38 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
Never use the word "I" in a resume. The format is weird (and I don't mean the formatting.)

Go to some web sites with examples of resumes, yours is far from ready to send, beyond any spelling errors.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:34 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,434,707 times
Either go to a resume website or if you can afford it, have this resume professionally done. The wording is not correct for a resume. Just one example: Listen to a customer, etc. It needs more professional type wording. You never want to put salary expectations on your resume; only on a cover letter if that is what they are requesting. Plus the format is not proper. If you have any questions, feel free to DM me.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:40 AM

563 posts, read 1,711,001 times
As a writer, I can tell you this is not a very effective or well written resume. I think you can use "I" if it's used well, but preferably try not to. I generally use "my"...i.e. "my work produced blah blah blah for the company" rather than "I". This resume is very grammatically incorrect. It really needs professional help. As is, it will probably be immediately thrown in the trash. I don't say that to be rude, just to be honest about it so you can get some help with it. It can't easily be spell-checked, it needs a complete re-do.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:04 PM

7 posts, read 17,014 times
Please hire a professional and re-word this part:

"I have knowledge of using a Lexmark Printer that has a Scan/Copier inside Click on the file menu and print. Scan Documents by clicking scan, and Copier
Use of opening applications on a personal computer
I have the ability to type a Memorandum, at the rate of 37 to 45 words per minute.
Using Mail Merge on Microsoft word, go to tools, letters and mailing.
I have the knowledge of using a telephone by dialing the area code and seven digit number and communicating on an answering machine system."

Are you writing a resume or a how-to document? (i.e.;Scan Documents by clicking scan, and Click on the file menu and print)

Old 10-20-2009, 02:23 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,240,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
My spell check only corrected Walmart to Wal-Mart.
Wal-Mart now goes by Walmart...

You can check their new logo on their site below..

Walmart.com: Save money. Live better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search