Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 05:06 AM

10,833 posts, read 14,927,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Summary of Qualifications:

Excellent verbal, writing and interpersonal skills. Relate easily at levels of the decision making process and related aspects of business operations.
Big-picture visionary with ability to understand how daily operations shape results and goals
Team player, result oriented, quick learner, communicative and cooperative
Adaptable to new concepts and responsibilities
Self-motivated; able to set effective priorities and implement decisions to achieve immediate and long-term goals and meet operational deadlines
Sound knowledge and understanding of latest in computer technology
Computer skills include:
What does any of this mean?

Looks like it was copied from a million other resumes.

While I might not get hired I am willing to bet my resume would ne noticed more than yours. And my resume, unlike yours, would not hit the trash can but be passed around the office for everyone to read.

Quote:

Very poor verbal, writing and interpersonal skills. Can not relate easily at levels of the decision making process and related aspects of business operations. I am stupid but I will tell you I know how to do stuff when I don't have a clue if that's what makes you happy. I'll use some big words so I sound impressive.
I'm not a visionary and lack any ability to understand how daily operations shape results and goals. Don't bother me with details.
Not a team player, not result oriented, slow to non learner, sullen, quiet, uncommunicative and uncooperative to the extreme
Unable to adapt to new concepts and responsibilities.
Lazy and un-motivated but I am able to set sleep and nap times if I can find a quiet corner to hide in. Good at computer can score very high in space alien invasion.
I am not trying to be all nasty and mean but You Must Break Most Rules About Resume Writing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 07:09 AM

24,478 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenezzite View Post
Can you guys help me write my resume, I want to create a good objective, and good points, but i'm struggeling.
I gave you what my employer charges 250-500$ for. Read it instead of ignoring it. You got a laundry list of ideas here but the work is up to you. Think about it. Write it down. Start all over. Until it sounds right.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:28 AM

3,360 posts, read 12,264,630 times
OK, there you go.

Objective: Looking for a position in a private security company. (One sentence)

Talents: (As described in your qualifications statement but cleaned up a bit)

Experience: (Job duties as listed on resume but cleaned up a bit)

Old 08-12-2014, 08:48 PM

1 posts, read 661 times
what is an HIRARCHY order of positions in an hospital for the operations team...? is it Executive then senior exexutive then AGM then GM ...? or please mention thee order itsurgent

Old 08-12-2014, 09:40 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,602,405 times
One potential idea . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Objective:

Loss Prevention at Target (Posting # 12345)

- Completion of monthly department audits to ensure compliance to Asset Control Standard Expectations (ACSE)
- Apprehended 20 shoplifters in 2013, saved store total of 2K
- Other quantified accomplishment

Computer skills
- Microsoft Office
- Programming languages: HTML, JavaScript;
- Operational systems: MS-DOS, MS Windows 2000 / XP (PC / MAC);

Professional Experience:

June 2009 - presently working Loss Prevention

• Following employer policies
• Promoting shortage awareness and theft deterrence
• Completion of monthly department audits to ensure compliance to Asset Control Standard Expectations (ACSE)
• Recovering of stolen merchandise and apprehension of shoplifters
• Investigating criminal violations
• Responsibility for responding to customer and associate accidents
• Monitoring surveillance cameras and equipment (CCTV)
• Preparing prompt and complete reports relative to all theft incidents
• Responsibility to testify in court concerning any case

January 2007 - April 2008 Sales Associate

• Responsible for delivering exceptional customer service
• Responsible for meeting company sales goal.

January 2006 – October 2006 Manager/Clerk

• Family café: helped register team
• Distributed schedules and other pertinent information as requested.
• Ordered uniform, equipment and product/merchandise as needed.
• Collected necessary fees. Helped enforce Code of Conduct.

August 2004 – September 2005 Costumer Service / Ad Set / Freight Processing

• Worked independently and on a team as assigned. Carried out job related tasks as assigned by supervisor.

October 2001 – April 2002 Environmental Service

• Perform a variety of custodial tasks including sweeping sidewalks, outside area, play area, and eating area.

Education:

First Year Student in Criminal Justice at Whatever Community College. Expected Graduation: December, 2016.

Volunteer Work:

Summer 2014: Clean up shores of White Water River with group every third weekend

Last edited by Meemur; 08-12-2014 at 09:54 PM..

Old 08-12-2014, 09:46 PM

Quick Commentary

OP, I made some things up, but I tried to do a quick edit of the wordy entries and add some things that will enhance your resume. Obviously, if you aren't in school, you won't have that section, but it looks at lot better if you can take at least one class.

Volunteer work may or may not help in your community, but here it's a selling point, especially if you do volunteer at "causes" which the employer sponsors. You don't have to continue after you are employed.

Try to make your resume fit one page only. Edit your experience so you are mostly adding details that will enhance getting the job you seek. That's why I edited the other sections. You may want to re-add stuff.

CHANGE your resume for each position. Change your objective: Loss Prevention at Walmart, posting (12356), for example.

Hope that helps a little. You'll be applying online (at the company) for a lot of the positions in that field.

Lastly, at your level, the best job objective is the name of the position you are seeking and vary that from resume to resume.

Later, if you get a 4-year degree, you can have a more advanced job objective, and it will then be a Career Objective.

Make sense?

Old 08-12-2014, 09:47 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Meemur, let's hope the original poster has found a job during the past five years.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Meemur, let's hope the original poster has found a job during the past five years.
Thanks. Yeah, I'm tired. Off to bed for me . . . smack! (:

Old 08-12-2014, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kritika View Post
what is an HIRARCHY order of positions in an hospital for the operations team...? is it Executive then senior exexutive then AGM then GM ...? or please mention thee order itsurgent
This link may or may not help you:

Hospital Management Hierarchy

OP, you may want to put this question its own thread so more people will see it.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:52 AM

70 posts, read 111,404 times
summary of qualifications is unnecessary, especially when you do not have specialized skills. i would take that out or at least the first half of it which tells someone nothing and move the computer skills to the end of your resume.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search