Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 03:32 PM

6 posts, read 127,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Star View Post
It's been long enough, and this is an ordinary, hourly job, it's not like you're applying for a law firm or anything, so she probably wants you to call her, or most likely you didn't get the job, and she didn't care to call back. I know this is a late reply, but I would have said the same thing had I posted the day you did. Hang in there mon ami, I'm going through similar troubles.

Actually the employer has to notify you if you were not hired due to something on your background check to give you the chance to dispute or explain the situation. People should stop with theories and also saying "good luck" good luck does not help situation...just give solid advice not "you probably did not get the job.." Not encouraging. You don't know..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 03:37 PM

6 posts, read 127,110 times
Actually most companies will say "Hired contingent on background check" That means they tentatively offered you the job until the background check comes through. I too am waiting on a background check to get back...and this is not my first time to this rodeo. I know how irritating it can be to wait... I don't like saying things like "Hang In There.." and "Good Luck.." that really does nothing to help your cause and offers no real solution. Stay encouraged and know that you are almost there.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:29 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clgil77 View Post
Actually most companies will say "Hired contingent on background check" That means they tentatively offered you the job until the background check comes through. I too am waiting on a background check to get back...and this is not my first time to this rodeo. I know how irritating it can be to wait... I don't like saying things like "Hang In There.." and "Good Luck.." that really does nothing to help your cause and offers no real solution. Stay encouraged and know that you are almost there.

My job was different, I started the job and then they started the background check which meant I was bored out of my mind because there was no email or password for me to use the computer until the background came back clean.

Would have been better if they did it and had me start after it was completed

Old 08-16-2014, 09:46 AM

1 posts, read 3,989 times
What does it mean when you call to check up on your background and they say we gotta talk on monday about your background

Old 08-16-2014, 11:01 AM

1,365 posts, read 1,884,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimekaw View Post
What does it mean when you call to check up on your background and they say we gotta talk on monday about your background
Sounds to me like they found something and they want to discuss it with you, either to get your side of the story or rescind their offer. The only way to be sure is to wait until Monday and actually have the conversation, though.

Old 09-26-2014, 12:50 PM

1 posts, read 3,822 times
had an interview Thursday got an offer and they told me had to do a backround check its been a week now should i be worried? Can the employer back out on the offer?

Old 09-26-2014, 01:30 PM

12,108 posts, read 23,278,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superman2511 View Post
had an interview Thursday got an offer and they told me had to do a backround check its been a week now should i be worried? Can the employer back out on the offer?

A week is not long, so don't worry. Yes, the employer can back out.

Old 09-26-2014, 02:16 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superman2511 View Post
10 to 14 business days

Old 05-02-2015, 08:38 AM

1 posts, read 3,260 times
I had an interview they did a background check including education too do if I was offered the jog everything came back ok or they might be still waiting.

Old 05-04-2015, 12:57 PM

1 posts, read 3,235 times
I received an interview on Thursday it is now Monday. At the interview the manager stated that I should hear something on Friday or this Monday from HR, and after the background check, they will offer me a offering letter. I haven't heard anything should I call to find out the status?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search