U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2010, 09:15 PM

72 posts, read 342,019 times

Advertisements

Okay, I was interviewed by two interviewers. After the interview one of the interviewer told me that there would be a third interviewer but "he's not here". He told me he'll contact me when the third interviewer is available. Today I received a rejection letter from them saying they're perusing another candidate. So what is going on ?
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 09:17 PM

1,228 posts, read 3,316,446 times
They're probably pursuing other candidates.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:19 PM

5,990 posts, read 11,561,033 times
The same thing happened to me. It sucks. Why do they feel the need to string you along? I don't see why they can't just tell you that they're not interested!

Old 05-26-2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwriter View Post
The same thing happened to me. It sucks. Why do they feel the need to string you along? I don't see why they can't just tell you that they're not interested!
I think that they did by saying a letter saying... they're not interested.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:31 PM

You asked what's going on and I gave a good answer, you probably want to know what to do. Send out an email and remind them that they were supposed to follow up and ask what happened. They may have forgotten, position may have been eliminated, or they may have found the perfect candidate and don't want to waste your time when they aren't interested.

If you email you at least keep dialogue open and can ask (after a response) if they have something else that you might be a better fit for.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:41 PM

25,165 posts, read 48,403,820 times
I sympathize with your disappointment. And yes. Keep connected. If it doesn't work out with the other person. They could call you back in. Be friendly when you speak to them.

Old 05-27-2010, 05:13 AM

26,590 posts, read 54,565,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBound47 View Post
they may have found the perfect candidate and don't want to waste your time when they aren't interested.
This is my bet. If they found the perfect candidate, why waste your time or theirs to bring you back in for a third interview knowing they weren't interested? I agree with the others, contact them and let them know you are still interested and would like them to condiser you if the other person doesn't work out.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:56 AM

470 posts, read 997,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qinboxmail View Post
Okay, I was interviewed by two interviewers. After the interview one of the interviewer told me that there would be a third interviewer but "he's not here". He told me he'll contact me when the third interviewer is available. Today I received a rejection letter from them saying they're perusing another candidate. So what is going on ?
Congratulations...you just got jerked around by a company.
Join the rest of us.
If you REALLY don't want the job, call them back and drop a few F-bombs.
You won't get the job,but you WILL feel better...LOL.

Naah...just chalk this up to being a life lesson and move on....

Old 05-27-2010, 11:45 AM

115 posts, read 236,114 times
Default Don't trip..

Been through that scenario many times by even getting to the 3rd interview and then telling me they selected a more qualified person. Trust normal reaction is wtf. But for every no, there would finally be a yes. Like I have been sending resumes to philly for the past 3 weeks now, using every resource I can think of.

I've had about 5 people email me back and say send me your resume, and I even explained to them, ahead of time, that I am trying to simply relocate and I'm willing to relocate myself, if need be. They in turn tell me to send my resume and do you think anyone contacted me back?

If so, think again. I don't even trip anymore because the year of 2008 and being out of work, kind of made me numb to turn downs or no call backs. So all I can say is just keep pressing on and don't let no one's job detour you from your goals... So praise God, I'm working now back in the tech sector...

Old 05-27-2010, 02:43 PM

2,618 posts, read 5,461,510 times
That happened to me once.

I felt I had an absolutely awesome interview. Two former co-workers were hired there and they were HALF the sales rep I was, I felt I nailed every question and I felt I did really well and they seemed to like me. They then told me they'll call me next week to schedule another interview with their boss. Then monday morning the HR guy sends me a rejection email saying they're pursuing other candidates.

All you can say is f*ck them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search