U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 10:30 PM

29,038 posts, read 45,093,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I know a couple of young people who have that problem. It's really bizarre! I realized one day that one of my daughter's friends couldn't tell time on an analog clock. She's 19.
I used to work in a high school, and noticed the same thing... a kid would ask the time, I'd point at the clock, and they'd usually say "don't you have a cell phone?" Either that, or they'd crane their necks around my desk, and peek at the time on my computer. C'mon, really?! Apparently those are the preferred methods of time-telling these days, so even watches are now passe. Must admit, I too have stopped wearing a watch - but mostly because I'd have to remove it at work (can't type with one), and had a really nice watch stolen off my desk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 03:07 PM

6,402 posts, read 5,476,379 times
Let's see - Generation Y can't tell time...they can't spell, punctuate, or put things in alphabetical order unless the computer does it for them...they can't compose a business letter...they can't make coffee...they have no office etiquette...they can't figure postage without a meter...or load a stapler...or add a column of figures without Excel...or...or...or
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search