Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 09:03 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times

Advertisements

NOTE : The following is a fake fraud based job sent by a scammer.
To reship stolen items that they have bought with stolen credit cards.
Please if you get these kind of shipping jobs and you can't come in for an interview its a SCAM ! And you will be the one that suffers because its not only illegal but your bank account can be drained.....Does not matter if it was sent from Career Builder because these scammers have saturated all job sites.

Here is the email : ( note the business address is not a COMPANY at the bottom of this email ) :

First Delivery, Inc. offers a chance to apply for a full/part time position of Delivery Service Assistant for the U.S. Citizens and immigrants with a legal work permit (Note: Previous experience in the delivery service is not required).

First Delivery, Inc. is a Premier Global Provider of International Delivery Service Solutions, oriented towards purchase and international delivery, with the long term commitment history.

First Delivery, Inc. provides time-critical middleman order and transportation services for clients from over 70 countries world wide. Our flexible and reliable delivery scheme and demonstrated expertise in providing time-critical deliveries for over 10 years positions us to offer one of the highest quality express delivery service, with superior on-time performance.

Currently we provide service to a continuously increasing base of customers by offering the most reliable "one-click-source" for the fastest, most affordable delivery solutions available today, providing delivery services to everyone, from private individuals to many Fortune 1500 companies, with operations throughout the World.
In general, responsibilities of the vacant position of Delivery Service Assistant consist of accepting packages, purchased on behalf of 1st Delivery Inc clientele and shipped to the employee's residence address. Upon the reception, Delivery Service Assistant is required to conduct examination of the packages to verify the undamaged state; repackaging, and shipping the items further to the clients destination through the use of specific delivery agencies (Note: 1st Delivery Inc. covers all financial expenses of the shipping process). Content of the parcels consists of products of various kinds, ranging from shoes and garment, to electric products such as stereo systems, consoles and digital accessories. The average size of the parcels does not exceed 30" x 12" x 12".
The vacant position has a high demand of discipline and requires a reliable delivery service provider able to operate at the highest levels of quality and consistency, with the perfect sense of time management.

Position Offers:

- Full/part time employment opportunity (Note: Full time position is available for apply only after the 2 month trial period has been completed)
- Annual salary of up to 30.000 USD
- Ability to work at the comfort of home, remotely from 1st Delivery Inc Headquarters
- Certified professional training (Note: Certified professional training programs are available for attendance only after the 2 month trial period has been completed)
- Great work environment with potential for career growth
- Free health insurance, matching 401(k) (Note: The employee medical insurance plan is available for obtaining only after the 2 month trial period has been completed)

Position Requirements:

- United States citizenship or legal alien status with a valid permission to work in the United States
- High school degree (AA/BS degree is a plus)
- Ability to multitask
- Perfect time management skills
- Must be self-motivated
- Professional attitude
- Time commitment and efforts: up to 8 hours a week, 1-10 packages handled weekly.
- Good oral and writing communication skills
- Basic PC application skills
- Previous internet experience (highly preferred)

To learn more about this position please contact the Human Resources Department representative by simply replying to this e-mail : conniemcgowan38@gmail.com. Your request will be forwarded directly to a Recruitment Officer.

<LI class="ToolbarItem c_mcp " style="DISPLAY: none">
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 09:47 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
Exclamation 22 min LATER another scam offer

Look at the poorly written job offer " United Stated ? " and once again reply to not a valid company but a gmail address :

Basic salary: 1,800 $ a Month
Bonus: Available
Employee Type: Part-Time (work at home)
Business type: Delivery
Position Type: Management
Experience: Not Specified

Hello.

We are searching for staff who would manage the correspondence in your area.

Tasks:

- accepting and sending post
- goods examination
- preparing monthly reports
- sending documents on each parcel.

Minimal requirements consist of:

• Skills to solve problems
• Top notch communication and writing skills
• A will to be the most excellent
• Good logical, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Strong operational background and knowledge
• Special people skills

If you are interested, reply to us with your resume to e-mail: gambiamayyb@gmail.com

Take care.

Old 06-08-2010, 09:50 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,524,243 times
I hope you didn't learn the hard way about this. The job sites are full of offers like this. I wouldn't fall for this...too many grammatical errors in the letter is my #1 giveaway.

Old 06-08-2010, 09:54 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
This is so obviously a scam that it's not even funny.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:45 AM

1,228 posts, read 3,718,741 times
I have previous Internet experience! I'm so in!

Old 06-08-2010, 11:21 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
I hope you didn't learn the hard way about this. The job sites are full of offers like this. I wouldn't fall for this...too many grammatical errors in the letter is my #1 giveaway.
Yes... I also am weary when I see "USD" as that tips me off about a company that is possibly outside of the US.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:47 AM

44 posts, read 270,385 times
Funny you should mention this, I just received a similar job offer from "E.P. Service Company" I laughed so hard. But then I thought there might be people out there really needing a job and might jump for this, $3000 a month. I wrote back...did you notice the MBA on the resume? No thanks, don't do scams.

Old 06-08-2010, 01:11 PM

358 posts, read 1,056,777 times
I ignore every job that comes to me and involves processing or shipping something as well as any work-at-home positions.

Old 06-08-2010, 01:19 PM

3,739 posts, read 4,634,752 times
Why do job sites allow this? That is the bigger question.....

Old 06-08-2010, 01:23 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
Why do job sites allow this? That is the bigger question.....
I also wonder the same. The more they allow scam ads, the less credible their site appears to job seekers. Without job seekers utilizing the site, they would go out of business. From a purely business standpoint, it isn't a smart move to allow these ads to be posted unchecked on the career sites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search