Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 11:11 AM

951 posts, read 1,052,111 times

Advertisements

Today is the preparation day.

Post Date Hebrew Calendar: 10-Elul-5771
Post Date Roman Calendar: 2011-09-09

Keeping the Seventh Day Sabbath Holy is the Fourth of the Ten Commandments.

Exodus 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Exodus 20:9 Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work:
Exodus 20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
Exodus 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Keeping the Seventh Day Sabbath is part of keeping the Ten Commandments.

Christ did NOT do away with His Father's Commandments but kept them and told His disciples to keep the Commandments which includes the 7th Day Sabbath.

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

After Christ's crucifixion, those in His company "rested the sabbath day according to the commandment".

Luk 23:54 And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on.
Luk 23:55 And the women also, which came with him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the sepulchre, and how his body was laid.
Luk 23:56 And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.

I believe our nation will soon be destroyed because of the two twin sins that constantly plagued ancient Israel -- Sabbath breaking and idolatry.

The civil leaders of this nation have no clue! The religious leaders for the most part have no clue!

We are going to suffer first, a terrible drought and famine and resulting disease in which 1/3 of our nation will die. Following this, our major cities will be nuked by the rising European Union (or successor) and another 1/3 of our people will be destroyed (Ezekiel Warning).

Keep the Sabbath Holy. Your physical and spiritual well being is at stake!

Wake Up and choose life!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 11:24 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,115,481 times
So , if I continually fly to the west and not let the sun appear to set. Then the Sabbath would never arrive for me.

Its possible you know.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:28 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,676,786 times
Well, if "god's sabbath" starts at sundown, I hope he enjoys his day off. The rest of us have better things to do.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:37 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,168,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
Wake Up and choose life!
I did. That is why I am an atheist.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:44 AM

951 posts, read 1,052,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I did. That is why I am an atheist.
Believe me, what you are about to experience will bring you out of the atheist category! Just the horror of it all will give people heart attacks!

Jer 30:7 Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble; but he shall be saved out of it.

Mat 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Mat 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:43 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,676,786 times
Quote:
Believe me, what you are about to experience will bring you out of the atheist category! Just the horror of it all will give people heart attacks!

Jer 30:7 Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble; but he shall be saved out of it.

Mat 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Mat 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
Even if your god was real, I wouldn't worship it because it would be a sadistic, angry, murdering, petty, jealous, tantrum-throwing bastard of a deity that wouldn't deserve my adulation. Name the worst human being you can think of, and that person would be a better one to serve than the Judeo-Christian version of god.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:56 PM

20,893 posts, read 16,067,098 times
Quote:
Are you predicting the imminent end of the world?

Heck... even Jesus himself got that prediction wrong!

Old 09-09-2011, 03:00 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,026,922 times
Troll thread number #3 of the same topic for OP...Your on a roll

Old 09-09-2011, 03:04 PM

33,518 posts, read 37,111,020 times
Quote:

So, if I don't join your "club" you believe I'm doomed? You know that there are a lot of other "clubs"....I think you have joined the wrong one, but you are welcome to join mine. It is a much better club, because in ours, nobody is hated, and the world is not predicted to end for billions of years.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:10 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,397,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
So, if I don't join your "club" you believe I'm doomed? You know that there are a lot of other "clubs"....I think you have joined the wrong one, but you are welcome to join mine. It is a much better club, because in ours, nobody is hated, and the world is not predicted to end for billions of years.
Great post. Unfortunately most members of our species require someone to look down on, what better tool than religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism