Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2015, 05:26 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soular View Post
Sorry for your loss.

Who does that scripture describe though? There are certainly some commandments we keep, that has never left my people. Others obviously were lost during the Maafa, but have you seen how people revere and are afraid of the people that I am a part of. This isn't by mistake.
Soular, The Jew are the only people who have been persecuted all this time for doing exactly what God has told them to do.

Has Christianity?

No, Christianity makes their claim also but are they persecuted for keeping Pesach, Shavuot, Rosh Hashanah, and all the Sabbaths of God?

They rejected the Sabbaths and feasts of God and so these 2000 years have gone on just as it has gone on since the law was given. EVERYONE hates the Jews BECAUSE THEY WONT LEAVE GOD.

God has PROMISED to come and judge everyone who persecutes the people who keep the ways of God, and I can think of no other people who have been persecuted for this particular, peculiar reason, the very reason that you are marked with God's name, his peculiar people.

God knows who belongs to him and WHY they belong to him.

This is your life, and you have to make your own choices in believing God or not, but why believe any other if you believe at all?

If God doesn't make his promises come true to the Jews, then you and I have no hope at all.

Old 10-22-2015, 05:34 PM

36 posts, read 39,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Soular, The Jew are the only people who have been persecuted all this time for doing exactly what God has told them to do.

Has Christianity?

No, Christianity makes their claim also but are they persecuted for keeping Pesach, Shavuot, Rosh Hashanah, and all the Sabbaths of God?

They rejected the Sabbaths and feasts of God and so these 2000 years have gone on just as it has gone on since the law was given. EVERYONE hates the Jews BECAUSE THEY WONT LEAVE GOD.

God has PROMISED to come and judge everyone who persecutes the people who keep the ways of God, and I can think of no other people who have been persecuted for this particular, peculiar reason, the very reason that you are marked with God's name, his peculiar people.

This is your life, and you have to make your own choices in believing God or not, but why believe any other if you believe at all?

If God doesn't make his promises come true to the Jews, then you and I have no hope at all.
Lmao see Israel is persecuted because that is part of the covenant, that when you disobey curses come upon [Israel] and when you obey blessings come upon [The Israelites]. You should know that Israel has been rebellious from day 1 its part of our nature, that is why a king was set over them because they wanted to be like other nations. Come on man! Lol

Old 10-22-2015, 05:37 PM

248 posts, read 175,161 times
Quote:

Has Christianity?

Christianity was at it's inception a political movement, to my understanding. It would make sense that they don't practice the holy days they practice pagan holidays.

Contrary to what you said about Jews not leaving God that is the opposite, God will not leave the Jews because of his promise, though he will delight in their destruction because of their and their fathers' disobedience. He will bring them up out of darkness and then show the world that he still loved them.

Old 10-22-2015, 05:47 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Christianity was at it's inception a political movement, to my understanding. It would make sense that they don't practice the holy days they practice pagan holidays.

Contrary to what you said about Jews not leaving God that is the opposite, God will not leave the Jews because of his promise, though he will delight in their destruction because of their and their fathers' disobedience. He will bring them up out of darkness and then show the world that he still loved them.
The Jews have an everlasting covenant and this covenant has brought them punishment and blessing and what it exactly PROOVES is the fact they have been the example to the whole world. If they are the example then they are still God's people but more to the point, there IS NO OTHER PEOPLE TO TAKE THEIR PLACE.

There is no other people keeping the ways of God, therefore a replacement people cannot be found.

God wrote down history long ago and we are in the phase of Israel returning and the blessings God is now showing them. During this phase, GREAT prophesy are given to gentiles and this is why so many gentiles were so excited about Israel becoming a nation again.

So many wonderful promises to gentiles who would help carry the Jew back to Israel AS AN OFFERING TO GOD.

I feel sorry for the gentiles who did persecute them, but for the gentiles who bless them, there is great promises.

I believe in God's promises.

Old 10-22-2015, 06:37 PM

248 posts, read 175,161 times
Quote:
The Jews have an everlasting covenant and this covenant has brought them punishment and blessing and what it exactly PROOVES is the fact they have been the example to the whole world. If they are the example then they are still God's people but more to the point, there IS NO OTHER PEOPLE TO TAKE THEIR PLACE.

There is no other people keeping the ways of God, therefore a replacement people cannot be found.

God wrote down history long ago and we are in the phase of Israel returning and the blessings God is now showing them. During this phase, GREAT prophesy are given to gentiles and this is why so many gentiles were so excited about Israel becoming a nation again.

So many wonderful promises to gentiles who would help carry the Jew back to Israel AS AN OFFERING TO GOD.

I feel sorry for the gentiles who did persecute them, but for the gentiles who bless them, there is great promises.

I believe in God's promises.
Gentiles had no part in prophecy other than to have power OVER the Jews during the last days at which they will seek no let up from their oppression. Only the Messiah will get them out of their oppression. Do you need me to post the scripture in which this is said? I will post if you want me to.

Read what the Jews of the Songhai Empire went through and who oppressed them and most importantly the year in which the Kingdom changed from Hebrew to Islamic. Rome was always the enemy of Judea and The Catholic Church is the last remaining remnant of that empire today. This is a global awakening taking place. Hannibal we are in the midst of the last days.

Old 10-22-2015, 06:52 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Gentiles had no part in prophecy other than to have power OVER the Jews during the last days at which they will seek no let up from their oppression. Only the Messiah will get them out of their oppression. Do you need me to post the scripture in which this is said? I will post if you want me to.

Read what the Jews of the Songhai Empire went through and who oppressed them and most importantly the year in which the Kingdom changed from Hebrew to Islamic. Rome was always the enemy of Judea and The Catholic Church is the last remaining remnant of that empire today. This is a global awakening taking place. Hannibal we are in the midst of the last days.
Do it, Do it...

Old 10-22-2015, 07:23 PM

1,790 posts, read 1,864,102 times
Quote:
What is the proper interpretation of the scripture at question?
I answered your question when you first asked it weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWithYah View Post
I never asked about Rashi...
What does Rashi have to do with anything?

Quote:
...neither have I taken scripture out of context I'm simply comparing scripture to reality and the reality does not match scripture.

Just as Yah reedemed Israel from out of Egypt or the house of bondage with an outstretched and by his power alone so will it happen again that with an outstretched hand he will redeem his people and the entire holy land will be healed. Again Deut 30 has yet to be fulfilled, not one iota of scripture has happened.

Therein lies the problem because the people of the book fit scripture to a T yet the people in Israel do not. Who could the people of book be if it is not the current inhabitants of Israel?
Eisegesis is the process of reading scripture in a way that the meaning agrees with a predetermined conclusion. It's what Christians do when they "see" Jesus in our Bible, it's what Muslims do when they "see" Muhammad in it, and it's what other groups do when they "see" themselves as the "real" Jews.

You're free to see whatever you wish when you read our Bible, but your understanding of it holds no more sway than the Christians. Many of them think they're the "real" Jews too.

Last edited by JB from NC; 10-22-2015 at 07:53 PM..

Old 10-22-2015, 07:42 PM

36 posts, read 39,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB from NC View Post
I answered your question when you first asked it weeks ago.

What does Rashi have to do with anything?

Eisegesis is the process of reading scripture in a way that the conclusion agrees with a predetermined conclusion. It's what Christians do when they "see" Jesus in our Bible, it's what Muslims do when they "see" Muhammad in it, and it's what other groups do when they "see" themselves as the "real" Jews.

You're free to see whatever you wish when you read our Bible, but your understanding of it holds no more sway than the Christians. Many of them think they're the "real" Jews too.
And yet these Jews do not fit scripture but you'd like to sidestep that dialogue because like I said before I have no problem with anyone practicing Torah but to claim the bloodline of my forefathers I will respectfully contend. The Jews currently making that claim do not fit the scripture whatsoever.

Old 10-22-2015, 07:52 PM

1,790 posts, read 1,864,102 times
Quote:
And yet these Jews do not fit scripture but you'd like to sidestep that dialogue because like I said before I have no problem with anyone practicing Torah but to claim the bloodline of my forefathers I will respectfully contend. The Jews currently making that claim do not fit the scripture whatsoever.
What you seem to not be getting is that I don't care what you claim or "contend".
Believe whatever you wish.

Old 10-22-2015, 08:14 PM

2,675 posts, read 1,262,760 times
Quote:
Verse 1 has not happened yet either, verse 2 and 3 are in chronological order with the keyword being then, like a scientific hypothesis.

So it says that once his people return to him and obey the covenant THEN he will gather (first) his people and return them to the land.

You're right none of this has happened yet the Jews do not match the scripture and we both know and agree that scripture is never false.

We can even see Jews being living in prosperity before WWII which partially motivated Hitler's hatred this prosperity also does not align with the curses of Deut 28.
So you are saying that because of the curses listed in Deut 28, no Jew can ever have money or be at all successful? Are you saying that the curses of Deut 28 define, limit and control the entire course of future Jewish history? Are you saying that each of the curses must be fulfilled as you see it, literally, and without any further explication?

If you see things this way then you are speaking from outside Jewish tradition and that's fine, just useless. You ask a Jew how modern life fits in to the various curses and blessings but you don't like when you get the Jewish viewpoint of an answer. Well, that's the same viewpoint that Jews have embraced for thousands of years before you came along to decide it doesn't work for you.

Carry on, then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism