Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2016, 11:10 AM

23,123 posts, read 10,422,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
You don't have to take my word, but it played out nearly exactly the way I said it did when I was part of part of the thread. This was a 2015 situation where the Mothers lawyer fed false information to the media and made false accusations in their lawsuit. Now after 6 weeks of the TSA doing an investigation they release the video that the TSA were the calm ones and Hannah was having the tantrum. She hit a Police officer and was taken into custody for it. She got hurt by resisting the arrest when she was flailing on the ground fighting the arrest and her face hitting the bench. She did that to herself. The video shows everything the mother stated in the July video was a lie, the photo she supplied was not the way the daughter looked and the statements made in the lawsuit doesn't match up to the video. As I said: No antisemitism here. Just a Jewish Princess throwing a tantrum.

Well, that makes me feel much better, I thought it might have been something else. Thanks for all the info.

Old 08-16-2016, 01:10 PM

467 posts, read 352,520 times
Quote:
Was already covered in another forum:

Disabled St. Jude patient sues airport and TSA

Looks like she threw the first blow
https://youtu.be/TuRFs1Kq79o
Thanks for posting both links. If I read the [beginning and end of the] first link correctly, the mob there kind of ignored your posting of the second link. Their loss, or stupidity, or whatever. I'm not exactly a TSA fan, but it's kind of hard for me to deny the facts. Others find it much easier.

Old 08-18-2016, 10:25 AM

88,506 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
It is a very recent book. I believe first printed in 2010 and just now becoming widely distributed. I have not read it and do not intend to. It is part of an expanding anti-Semitic tirade and up to 4 or 5 volumes.

I think it is good for Jews to know such trash continues to be printed, but I doubt it is of any value for anyone to read. Can only be of any interest to those who hate Jews and Judaism.
I would not read any book that basically says, "Here is why you should hate <insert 'Them'>."

Old 08-18-2016, 10:31 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,426,103 times
Quote:
You don't have to take my word, but it played out nearly exactly the way I said it did when I was part of part of the thread. This was a 2015 situation where the Mothers lawyer fed false information to the media and made false accusations in their lawsuit. Now after 6 weeks of the TSA doing an investigation they release the video that the TSA were the calm ones and Hannah was having the tantrum. She hit a Police officer and was taken into custody for it. She got hurt by resisting the arrest when she was flailing on the ground fighting the arrest and her face hitting the bench. She did that to herself. The video shows everything the mother stated in the July video was a lie, the photo she supplied was not the way the daughter looked and the statements made in the lawsuit doesn't match up to the video. As I said: No antisemitism here. Just a Jewish Princess throwing a tantrum.
While what the mother pulled was horrible, please don't be cruel about the daughter. There's no doubt in my mind that she was confused and struggling with her surroundings following serious medical intervention. Cognitive impairment, difficulty hearing and seeing, and likely use of steroids to deal with treatment impacts are enough to make anyone out of their right mind. Throw in a stressful experience at the airport (and it's stressful in the best of times) and it's a recipe for disaster.

This wasn't some kid throwing a tantrum - it's a disabled young woman in distress. Yes, even though she did throw the first punch.

Old 08-18-2016, 01:04 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,727,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
While what the mother pulled was horrible, please don't be cruel about the daughter. There's no doubt in my mind that she was confused and struggling with her surroundings following serious medical intervention. Cognitive impairment, difficulty hearing and seeing, and likely use of steroids to deal with treatment impacts are enough to make anyone out of their right mind. Throw in a stressful experience at the airport (and it's stressful in the best of times) and it's a recipe for disaster.

This wasn't some kid throwing a tantrum - it's a disabled young woman in distress. Yes, even though she did throw the first punch.
Keep in mind what you are stating is what her mother said during the interview seven weeks ago. I'm looking at the situation from the point of view without the mothers statement. From the point of view from a former paramedic (and former military) who was trained to size up a situation as one walks up to it, per the video I find there to be little to no truth to what the mother stated during the interview. Neither the TSA, the TSA Supervisor (the person in the suit) or the Police were threatening in any way. They stood there waiting for the steam to run out on this tantrum until Hannah put her hands on the Police. Big No No. They've been making this trip for 17 years and the mother stated this never happened before. BS. There should have been no stress. If I had to venture a guess the mother and teenage daughter had a verbal fight on the way to the airport and whatever that was became what happened at the airport. What's next, you're going to tell me parents and teenagers never have loud and emotional verbal fights?

Quote:
Cohen told us she tried to tell TSA agents her daughter is partially deaf, blind in one eye, paralyzed, and easily confused, but said she was kept at a distance by police.
Disabled St. Jude patient sues airport and TSA after bloody scuffle with Airport Police | WREG.com

Outside of these people having Jewish sounding names, this really has no place in this thread and if you want to continue this line then we can go to the actual thread.

Old 08-22-2016, 08:47 AM

467 posts, read 352,520 times
Quote:
Outside of these people having Jewish sounding names, this really has no place in this thread and if you want to continue this line then we can go to the actual thread.

Worth repeating.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:36 PM

23,123 posts, read 10,422,897 times
I thought this was interesting, I hate to even talk about Black lives matters cause it seems a dig on blacks but I doubt the majority of blacks are really with BLM.

I was reading this The endless war against the Jews - Washington Times

Wonder why it is with BLM, I mean that the stereotyping of a supposed rich Jew doesn't seem like a reason to hate Jews. Maybe it has some Farrakhan mixed with something else, I can't figure it out. Maybe I stereotype most blacks with Baptist and maybe that is where the anti-Semitism comes into view.

Maybe I am crazy but it would seem like blacks would share a common link with Jews in that they found themselves as slaves in a type of Egypt and how Martin Luther King wanted to take everyone to see the black Moses, so shouldn't that at least connect the two in a favorable way?

I guess I don't know where this black lives matter thing is coming from, I guess the black Panthers? I am no expert, I don't read the stories on it too much, but why does BLM seems to hate Jews?

Is it really a money issue?

It just doesn't ring true for some reason but heck, maybe that is what it is.

Old 08-28-2016, 07:30 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,727,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I thought this was interesting, I hate to even talk about Black lives matters cause it seems a dig on blacks but I doubt the majority of blacks are really with BLM.

I was reading this The endless war against the Jews - Washington Times

Wonder why it is with BLM, I mean that the stereotyping of a supposed rich Jew doesn't seem like a reason to hate Jews. Maybe it has some Farrakhan mixed with something else, I can't figure it out. Maybe I stereotype most blacks with Baptist and maybe that is where the anti-Semitism comes into view.

Maybe I am crazy but it would seem like blacks would share a common link with Jews in that they found themselves as slaves in a type of Egypt and how Martin Luther King wanted to take everyone to see the black Moses, so shouldn't that at least connect the two in a favorable way?

I guess I don't know where this black lives matter thing is coming from, I guess the black Panthers? I am no expert, I don't read the stories on it too much, but why does BLM seems to hate Jews?

Is it really a money issue?

It just doesn't ring true for some reason but heck, maybe that is what it is.
As this really does not belong in this thread, I'll simply reply with links:
The Marriage of Black Lives Matter & Jew Hatred | Frontpage Mag
Black Lives Matter's anti-Israel platform blindsides Jewish supporters - Washington Times

BLM will fizzle away as BDS is doing now.

Old 09-04-2016, 09:28 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,082,979 times
So, in Judiasm faith, was Abraham pure Jewish?

Old 09-04-2016, 09:54 PM

34,987 posts, read 16,956,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
So, in Judiasm faith, was Abraham pure Jewish?
Yes. A Jew by conversion or divine declaration is Jewish. Period, end of subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.