Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2012, 09:49 AM

1,816 posts, read 2,513,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by In God We Trust View Post
Of course many Jews says they are no longer Jews - but I thought a person born of Jewish mother is a Jew or converter, no matter if he/she is an Atheist, a Muslim or a Hindu.
They may still be Jewish culturally/ethnically, but they are no longer Jewish religiously. They no longer adhere to the Jewish religion. It is a contradiction in terms to have someone believe in Jesus AND consider themselves to religiously Jewish. (And I use religiously to mean "relating to religion" and not "a whole bunch!").

If I say I'm a Christian, but believe that Christ wasn't the son of God but actually an extraterrestrial space alien who came to earth to teach us the powers of LSD, am I the same kind of Christian as you? Or would you feel the need to point out that the obvious contradiction of doctrine means that I might not be a "real" Christian?

Old 06-15-2012, 10:17 AM

4,729 posts, read 4,363,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmont View Post
Christ wasn't the son of God but actually an extraterrestrial space alien who came to earth to teach us the powers of LSD
By cutting and pasting only a portion of your quote from above, Fillmont, I have just employed a classic missionary tactic (using quotes out of context, ignoring what came before and after the quote) used to show "proof" that Jesus is found in the Torah - which is the #1 tactic these evil missionaries use to trick Jews into giving up their souls to worship Jesus. (It's also a very funny quote, out of context!)

Old 06-15-2012, 10:24 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmont View Post
Same God, different views on what that God wants. To Jews, the first words he created still stand, and they haven't seen any evidence to show that God has changed his mind about the whole thing. To Christians, he obviously did change his mind on certain stuff, and that's fine.

That is all beside the point, though. My main point is this: You claim to trust in God. So do Jews. So why do you find it strange and weird that they should follow the rules their God has given to them?

If anything, the whole point you're arguing in this thread (that Messianic Jews are, in fact, Jews) is because they trust that what God said in the Torah/Old Testament has value. They apparently trust God more than you!
Flipflop explained it quite well to me on another thread. I had mentioned that I was considered Jewish under Jewish law because my mothers , Grand mother was Jewish who had converted to Christianity and there was a straight Jewish line from Mother to daughter down to my Mother.

I thought it was quite ironic that me a Muslim would be considered a Jew by the Jews. Flip burst my bubble when he explained that since my Great-Great grandmother had converted to Christianity, the Jewish religious line ended with her. No Jew would ever consider me a Jew, no matter how much I like Kosher food.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:08 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,955,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In God We Trust View Post
Why bash Christianity when religious Christians have more freedom and less laws than Jews and Muslims?
Simple, because you people are a major pain-in-the-ass. You cry foul, yet refuse to let people believe as they may. The incessant proselytizing, "witnessing" and attempts to foist your damned religion on everybody else via the judicial and political systems is why you people get bashed. It has nothing to do with what you jerks believe. It's all about that you cannot/will not let people be when it comes to their own faith. I don't care that you believe in a demi-god. Doesn't bother me in the least. And most people are of a "live and let live" mind. You like your faith...GOOD! Leave others to enjoy their own! But damn you people for constantly telling others that their faith is wrong and trying to get them to change by whatever means possible. How dare you people get all butt-hurt when others push back. Quite frankly, you people are damn lucky that's all you get.

BTW, weren't you going away?

Old 06-15-2012, 02:26 PM

5 posts, read 10,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Simple, because you people are a major pain-in-the-ass. You cry foul, yet refuse to let people believe as they may.
Go to any Islamic nation that has Sharia Law and tell them your opinion/feelings - I wish you good luck if you still have your head attached to your body.

Atheists are spoiled with all their freedom they get living in majority Christian nations.

I'm an Agnostic mother and people like you make me not want to be nonbeliever anymore.
So arrogant!

You laugh and complain how "bad" Christians are while you are much worse!

Old 06-15-2012, 04:39 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamatos View Post
Go to any Islamic nation that has Sharia Law and tell them your opinion/feelings - I wish you good luck if you still have your head attached to your body.

Atheists are spoiled with all their freedom they get living in majority Christian nations.

I'm an Agnostic mother and people like you make me not want to be nonbeliever anymore.
So arrogant!

You may not agree with his opinion but he has a right to it. He also has a right to speak it.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:13 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,955,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamatos View Post

So arrogant!

Who said I was an atheist? You make assumptions. As an indigenous person of this land, the last thing I need to hear is a lecture concerning American Freedoms from some non-Indian. We've seen the effects of your freedoms and are still suffering from them. With what Christians and the invaders of this land did to our peoples and our cultures...shoot, you leave first. Also being a 20 year Air Force vet who served in Desert Storm and during OIF/OEF, I've been to Islamic Nations and don't think I need a lecture from you on that either. A simple "thank you" would do.

The fact of the matter is that my people were force converted to the white man's religion (as were other Native Nations). Our cultures were/are decimated in the name of Christianity; you know, "raise the heathen savage from his sad and unhappy state" and all that. Add to it that today these Fundamentalist/Evangelicals will not respect other peoples' belief systems to include those of Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, atheists, hell, even other Christians they don't agree with. You didn't see us trying to convert them to our Comanche beliefs, nor did any other Native Nation try to convert anybody to their beliefs for that matter. Why can't the Fundamentalist/Evangelicals just leave people alone? They would then get left alone and follow their faith in peace. But know this, if they had their way, this nation would be a theocracy and would be no different than the fundamentalist/radical Muslims you obviously fear so much. The only thing that keeps these Fundamentalist/Evangelical Christians in check are secular laws.

My fight is and will continue to be with the Fundamentalist/Evangelicals. Other Christians who live in peace with other faiths or non-faiths receive the same from me.

Last edited by Fullback32; 06-15-2012 at 11:38 PM..

Old 06-15-2012, 10:50 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
I don;t have a probelm and quite often mormna's come by. I think they are nice young men perosnally and just politely say i don't have time and am a Mthodist.i have alos been approached by jews on so inter religion day it seems for understand we are all god's children. they alos are quite nice.

Old 06-16-2012, 05:05 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
Great most 98% of Jews are lost from God and Christian reaching out and giving them the Truth on were God is a blessing .

Old 06-16-2012, 05:28 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Great most 98% of Jews are lost from God and Christian reaching out and giving them the Truth on were God is a blessing .
Then you should have no objection to us Muslims coming into your Church and show your members the errors of their ways and and lead them from your false teachings of Jesus(as) to save them. We do Believe Christians are condemned to Hellfire because they worship Jesus(as) as a false god. You shouldn't object to our desire to save your souls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism