Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 08:22 PM

7 posts, read 8,681 times

Advertisements

Judaism, Christianity & Islam are all mad-made ancient mythology religions. Grow up and stop believe in fairytales!

Old 06-21-2012, 08:25 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,786,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeutchBoy View Post
In Germany we have many Messianic Jews and my best friend who is conservative jewish accepted Jesus two years ago and is spreading it out to other jewish people in Europe so they are growing very fast. Jews should be happy to be saved.
This is a very one-sided viewpoint. Would you expect Christians to be happy about other Christians becoming atheists or Muslims? Then why would you expect Jews to be happy about fellow Jews abandoning their faith?

-NoCapo

Old 06-21-2012, 08:28 PM

7 posts, read 8,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo View Post
This is a very one-sided viewpoint. Would you expect Christians to be happy about other Christians becoming atheists or Muslims? Then why would you expect Jews to be happy about fellow Jews abandoning their faith?

-NoCapo
Judaism is a religious cult. They believe in man-made mythology created by no evidence people.
I feel bad for those fundamentalist orthodox Jews wearing wigs, black, funny hats, skirts, long shirts

and they believe Earth is only 6,000 years old LOL!

Old 06-21-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariyel View Post
Judaism is a religious cult. They believe in man-made mythology created by no evidence people.
I feel bad for those fundamentalist orthodox Jews wearing wigs, black, funny hats, skirts, long shirts

I am not Jewish either. In fact I am a staunch and outspoken atheist, but that is no reason to be disrespectful of other people or their faith. It is one thing to disagree and to discuss why. It benefits the thinking of both parties. Random put-downs are just kind of sad.

-NoCapo

Old 06-22-2012, 09:00 AM

4,729 posts, read 4,361,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariyel View Post

Wow! What do you think folks? Is it better to report this dangerous anti-semitism to the Mods and have them delete such hurftful posts? Or is it better to leave it here in the thread and let their hateful disgusting words demonstrate what aweful people like Ariyel must be? I previously asked the Mods to not delete almost identical words from another poster - IGWT - so that all could see his anti-semitic nature. But since this type of hateful thought seems to be a trend (surprise surprise), I don't know???

Old 06-22-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeutchBoy View Post
In Germany we have many Messianic Jews and my best friend who is conservative jewish accepted Jesus two years ago and is spreading it out to other jewish people in Europe so they are growing very fast. Jews should be happy to be saved.
I bet your friend's family held a funeral for him, as his soul was murdered by the Chrstian missionaries who tricked him into giving up his faith, and his share in Olam Haba (the world to come). But according to you, we Jews should be happy their soul was killed.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
Wow! What do you think folks? Is it better to report this dangerous anti-semitism to the Mods and have them delete such hurftful posts? Or is it better to leave it here in the thread and let their hateful disgusting words demonstrate what aweful people like Ariyel must be? I previously asked the Mods to not delete almost identical words from another poster - IGWT - so that all could see his anti-semitic nature. But since this type of hateful thought seems to be a trend (surprise surprise), I don't know???
To be fair, flip-flop, I don't think it is anti-semitism, it is anti-religion. He appears to be an equal opportunity scoffer. I just don't understand why this need to belittle others. I mean, there isn't even any content to go along with the snarkiness. I am sure that I disagree with you about the existence of god, and I disbelieve in the usefulness of all of your religious traditions, but they are your traditions. Why should I denigrate you for having them? If you felt it was your duty to make me follow them, I would speak up, but it isn't, you don't, so I don't.

Sometimes I just don't get it...
NoCapo

Old 06-22-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo View Post
To be fair, flip-flop, I don't think it is anti-semitism, it is anti-religion. He appears to be an equal opportunity scoffer. I just don't understand why this need to belittle others. I mean, there isn't even any content to go along with the snarkiness. I am sure that I disagree with you about the existence of god, and I disbelieve in the usefulness of all of your religious traditions, but they are your traditions. Why should I denigrate you for having them? If you felt it was your duty to make me follow them, I would speak up, but it isn't, you don't, so I don't.

Sometimes I just don't get it...
NoCapo
Agreed, NoCapo. And I'm glad I've made it clear that as a Yid, I have no problem with your beliefs either. You have every right to believe what you want with regards to a creator (or no creator, for that matter).

What I took issue with his post, is that he denigrated the Jewish method of dress and outward appearance. And he's now the second person in this thread to do so. If I want to wear a black suit and white shirt every day of the week, and grow long hair off of my temples and wear a black hat, I simply can't see what in this thread (and in life) that has to do with the poster? Both posters who have made these similar comments are only doing so to ridicule a people who are easily identifiable by their outward appearance. And as you noted, there's no "content" to go along with the insults. Just insults. If I'm not mistaken, that's textbook "internet trolling."

Old 06-22-2012, 10:34 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
Agreed, NoCapo. And I'm glad I've made it clear that as a Yid, I have no problem with your beliefs either. You have every right to believe what you want with regards to a creator (or no creator, for that matter).

What I took issue with his post, is that he denigrated the Jewish method of dress and outward appearance. And he's now the second person in this thread to do so. If I want to wear a black suit and white shirt every day of the week, and grow long hair off of my temples and wear a black hat, I simply can't see what in this thread (and in life) that has to do with the poster? Both posters who have made these similar comments are only doing so to ridicule a people who are easily identifiable by their outward appearance. And as you noted, there's no "content" to go along with the insults. Just insults. If I'm not mistaken, that's textbook "internet trolling."
Those particular posts also appear to me as being trolling. They did not address the topic, were apparent insults with no purpose except to ridicule.

However, by allowing them to stand I feel you have shown yourself to be the more credible and of more tolerance.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:14 AM

18,703 posts, read 33,366,372 times
I fail to see why Jews should be happy to be saved, since "being saved" is just another fantasy that comforts some people.
Yet again, some believers cannot imagine that they hold a subjective world view, and not a fact on the ground.

"Born right the first time."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism