U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 07:04 AM

12,032 posts, read 16,776,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joint heir with jesus View Post
If I was to play devil's advocate in debate with you guys (not my initial intention coming here- I wanted to speak directly to Israeli Jews) I would say that, maybe, you have gotten hung up on unfulfilled prophecies. Were you aware that there are some 6,408 prophecies in the Bible: 3,268 have been fulfilled while another 3,140 more are as yet UNFULFILLED or are currently being fulfilled. Maybe some of them were NOT MEANT to be fulfilled by the Messiah until the time of the gentiles is completely fulfilled itself. Future events can not come to pass until man's sinful history takes its course. I'm curious, does it say specifically in the Torah that ALL of these things must take place BEFORE the Messiah is revealed?

Do you believe you are sinners or that since there is no life after death it doesn't matter?
Thanks!
So are you saying that G-d lied about the Messiah? That's the basis of Christianity, but not of Judaism.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:04 AM

4,609 posts, read 4,115,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB from NC View Post
If the messianic prophecies have not been fulfilled, then the messiah has not come.
It really is that simple.

As I said, it is the fulfillment of these prophesies that will allow us to identify the messiah.
What are the messianic prophecies that need to be fulfilled in order for the messiah to feel welcome?

Of course, if there are thousands of prophecies, I don't expect you to list them all. Just a few important ones.

Thanks.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:13 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,388,825 times
Quote:
If I was to play devil's advocate in debate with you guys (not my initial intention coming here- I wanted to speak directly to Israeli Jews)
Thanks!
Quote:
Thanks you guys, I'm learning a lot!

I have seen this before. Joint heir with jesus is trying to bait you into his little game of 'tag'.

However, I am enjoying the information and kindness you are offering him.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:55 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,388,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
What are the messianic prophecies that need to be fulfilled in order for the messiah to feel welcome?

Of course, if there are thousands of prophecies, I don't expect you to list them all. Just a few important ones.

Thanks.
You mean like the ones I listed here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB from NC View Post
Rebuilding the Temple, gathering all Jews to Israel, re-establishing the Davidic monarchy, ushering in world peace, spreading Torah to the world...

In other words, the ones that will the distinguish the messiah as the messiah.

Last edited by JB from NC; 06-19-2013 at 09:20 AM..

Old 06-19-2013, 09:24 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,388,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
offering him.
...or her. No offense meant.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:26 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,291,704 times
I believe the Jewish members have adequately presented their views. No point in carrying on a game of tag and best to end things on a Peaceful note, before this becomes an attempt to proselytize Christianity.

THREAD CLOSED

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism