U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 07:17 AM

1,403 posts, read 1,643,016 times

Advertisements

I've done match, okcupid and fitness-singles, with some moderate success. But I haven't met any Jewish girls there outside of a few on ok, certainly no relationships.

Conversion...is a tricky, thorny, thing, but I'll admit I've thought about it.

As to your other ideas, I have gone to these mixers and networking events. I don't believe the JCC is really the kind of venue for meeting them since it's more a family-type atmosphere (and judging by google maps, I don't have access to one). At both the gym and yoga studio I attend, I've always found it a little sketchy to approach women in those venues (though I have taken the leap a few times). I take a number of aerobic-type classes i.e. spin, cardiokickbox, and it's pretty hard starting conversations with anyone there outside of a little banter.

Dance classes....are a very good idea! I'll give you that I went to salsa classes weekly in Cleveland for two years; can't believe I've only gone to a few (at Havana if anyone is from the area) here.

Edit: The most beautiful women in the country live in DC, save none. You are a lucky, lucky man (?).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 08:26 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,721,222 times
do you really need a partner right NOW?

just be patient, you'll meet the right girl some day.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:35 PM

83 posts, read 111,658 times
I feel for the OP in the sense that this topic is on my mind, too, and my efforts are not yet looking very successful... But it's certainly not because of lack of attractive young Jewish women. That's the good news! (Maybe it is Chicago, hah)

Old 06-24-2013, 11:34 AM

1,136 posts, read 1,433,438 times
I thought of this post while I was on the airplane and saw an ad for a professional matchmaker service. It was a mother daughter team, that were both beautiful, and they said if you were attractive and looking for other such people that you would find attractive that you could join. I'm sure you could narrow it down to have them only include Jewish women. I wish I knew the name but I forgot to write it down when the plane had some turbulence and I put the magazine down. Anyway, maybe a professional matchmaker would help. I'm sure there's a fee but I don't know how much it would be.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:29 PM

607 posts, read 1,169,473 times
I'm not Jewish, far from it, but man I saw some news clips from the beaches of Tel Aviv and I really want to go there now, lol! That's where you should be looking, lol! Apparently, it's like the Miami Beach of Israel and they got the women to match!

Old 06-25-2013, 12:03 PM

23,992 posts, read 32,833,608 times
I'm a moderately cute single Jewish woman...I won't be gracing any magazine covers but I'm not hideous either. I'd say I'm average looking. I can't find a decent man to save my life and have stopped looking, even among the gentiles.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:45 PM

1 posts, read 2,204 times
First off - if you are having such a hard time finding an attractive woman after going through so many places...its a little more than obvious that you need to lay off looking at other women. You've developed such high expectations of what your wife should look like that nothing short of a hollywood model will satisfy you. The solution to that is...spend some serious time avoiding looking at women unless it's necessary to interact with them. And even then...don't check them out, just talk about whatever you have to and thats it.

2nd - marrying someone who isn't jewish if you are...well all I'm going to say about this is that if you really are Jewish...you must know God exists...not believe - but know. And if that's the case then you would know that marrying a non-jew is one of the worst things a jew can do. Better to live alone and lonely for the rest of your life than marrying a non-jew. (If you cannot prove that God exists you should direct yourself to one of many websites out there that can actually prove it....for example watch torah & science @ DivineInformation.com | Torah and Science )

(To all those non-jews...its not that there's any particular hate or anything towards you. There are plenty of non-jews who are 2000% better than a lot of jews out there. But even the worst jew who God may hate because of his terrible actions cannot marry a non-jew that God loves. It's just what God told us and we aren't exactly in a position to argue)

Good luck!

Old 07-08-2013, 06:22 PM

8,701 posts, read 11,840,664 times
I found it pretty easy. But then, maybe it's just me.

Old 07-08-2013, 06:39 PM

4,609 posts, read 4,114,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I'm a moderately cute single Jewish woman...I won't be gracing any magazine covers but I'm not hideous either. I'd say I'm average looking. I can't find a decent man to save my life and have stopped looking, even among the gentiles.
I'm a 67 year old guy who has been married for 42 years, so maybe my thoughts are out of date. Here is my understanding of us men.

1) We have a fear of rejection. Therefore, we like women who we think will say Yes if we ask them out. That does not mean you have to be hot-to-trot. Just friendly and nice.

1) We like women who make us feel good about ourselves. In the old days, I guess that meant women should be bimbos. Not anymore. If we make a comment and you give a smile that makes us think you approve of the comment, it goes a long way.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:00 PM

23,992 posts, read 32,833,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
I'm a 67 year old guy who has been married for 42 years, so maybe my thoughts are out of date. Here is my understanding of us men.

1) We have a fear of rejection. Therefore, we like women who we think will say Yes if we ask them out. That does not mean you have to be hot-to-trot. Just friendly and nice.

1) We like women who make us feel good about ourselves. In the old days, I guess that meant women should be bimbos. Not anymore. If we make a comment and you give a smile that makes us think you approve of the comment, it goes a long way.
I've heard that advice before; in my experience it has turned out to be as useful as a screen door on a submarine.

I seem to be a loser magnet, so I just stopped trying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism