U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 04:34 AM

27,991 posts, read 15,070,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call View Post
You might also peruse James the Brother of Jesus by Robert Eisenman and The Dead Sea Scrolls Deception by Michael Baigent & Richard Leigh.
What's the summary?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 06:52 PM

467 posts, read 252,248 times
A summary would take me far more than an hour, would be at least several paragraphs long after condensing, and would probably be deleted by the moderator. I do recommend that you read Eisenman's book, and at least peruse the other one.

Your Jesus is a fairy tale. You would not recognize the historical character that the myth is based on. Then, when we start looking at Paul, it goes down hill from there.

Old 07-03-2014, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call View Post
A summary would take me far more than an hour, would be at least several paragraphs long after condensing, and would probably be deleted by the moderator. I do recommend that you read Eisenman's book, and at least peruse the other one.

Your Jesus is a fairy tale. You would not recognize the historical character that the myth is based on. Then, when we start looking at Paul, it goes down hill from there.
So, who is the Myth based on?...

Old 07-08-2014, 07:07 AM

467 posts, read 252,248 times
Richard1965,

I think you misunderstood what I wrote. The myth is based on a flesh-and-blood person who actually existed, that most folks, or maybe everybody, today know very little about. Aside from the more obvious Christian fairy tales, there are other made-up stories about the guy. Hell, we don't even know his name, although Yehoshuah ben Yosef might be a good guess. I could tell you that he had a brother Chaim, and a twin brother who was, surprisingly, called Twin, but none of it is really provable. You can read all kinds of things, but you'll have to make your own guesses what to believe. If want to know more, you will have to read more, but you should know ahead of time that at least 90% of what you read is false, and most of that is either lies, or innocently repeated lies. That is just the nature of things. Even science, which gets better and better all the time (pretty much unlike religion), is a process of rejecting false or incomplete notions and replacing them with new notions which are more plausible and not yet proven false. Unfortunately, history isn't as easy as science.

You have my recommendations for where to start.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:38 AM

Good thread here by Hiker45, I had forgotten about it...

Old 12-21-2014, 01:54 PM

14,875 posts, read 4,982,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
It is interesting in light of the scriptures regarding a Benjamite Wolf reaking havoc, that, seeing Paul created a lot of controversy, no one notices that he states that he is of the tribe of Benjamin...

He was of the tribe of Benjamin as being from the Northern Kingdom, Benjamin was in both kingdoms and the kingdoms united in Benjamin.

Old 12-21-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
He was of the tribe of Benjamin as being from the Northern Kingdom, Benjamin was in both kingdoms and the kingdoms united in Benjamin.
All he said was that he was of the tribe of Benjamin...

Old 12-22-2014, 06:16 AM

Quote:
All he said was that he was of the tribe of Benjamin...
He said a lot more than that, people will often take things said to the Kingdom of Ephraim and put them on the head of Judah.

Christians will read of Elijah against the Jews and calling fire down from heaven because their kingdom was full of the prophets of Baal, but Elijah was not sent to Jews and to the sons of the prophets of Judah, their sons were not chasing Elijah around, and the Jews were not there when Elijah called fire down from heaven, and slayed those prophets of Ball in Israel.

Those 7000 reserved men in Israel have nothing to do with the kingdom of Judah or Jews.

When you see Paul speaking of those 7000, he is speaking of the kingdom of Ephraim, not Judah, he is showing 7000 Israelis mixed within Judah at that present time and always.

Elijah comes up and says,'' O Lord, I am the only one Lord, the only one.''

But God tells him of the 7000, and just after that we see Ahab gathering those same 7000 men.

1 Kings 20
men of the rulers of the provinces, and there were 232; and after them he mustered all the people, even all the sons of Israel, 7,000. 16They went out at noon, while .........

Paul is having a conversation about the lost kingdom of Ephraim and then he goes into listing the promises spoken to the Kingdom of Ephraim saying,'' Where it was said to them{Ephraim} ,'' you are not my people, it will be said to them, ' You are the sons of the living God.''

Had nothing to do with Jews, But God promised the kingdom of Ephraim a wedding in order to redeem them back into Israel after they had become Gentiles and so A light was shown in the land of Joseph{supposedly}

It's strange because the majority will read curses spoken of Ephraim and just generalize it to put on the head of Jews when in many cases, it isn't speaking of Judah at all, and so we see sins of Ephraim displayed in Hosea against Ephraim and many just lump it with Judah.

Same goes with those 7000 men, and it is the reason for an earthquake to come and kill them

He was showing how the two become one, and that there is 12 ribs on one side, and 12 on the other.{That's what you are}

Old 12-22-2014, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
He said a lot more than that, people will often take things said to the Kingdom of Ephraim and put them on the head of Judah.

Christians will read of Elijah against the Jews and calling fire down from heaven because their kingdom was full of the prophets of Baal, but Elijah was not sent to Jews and to the sons of the prophets of Judah, their sons were not chasing Elijah around, and the Jews were not there when Elijah called fire down from heaven, and slayed those prophets of Ball in Israel.

Those 7000 reserved men in Israel have nothing to do with the kingdom of Judah or Jews.

When you see Paul speaking of those 7000, he is speaking of the kingdom of Ephraim, not Judah, he is showing 7000 Israelis mixed within Judah at that present time and always.

Elijah comes up and says,'' O Lord, I am the only one Lord, the only one.''

But God tells him of the 7000, and just after that we see Ahab gathering those same 7000 men.

1 Kings 20
men of the rulers of the provinces, and there were 232; and after them he mustered all the people, even all the sons of Israel, 7,000. 16They went out at noon, while .........

Paul is having a conversation about the lost kingdom of Ephraim and then he goes into listing the promises spoken to the Kingdom of Ephraim saying,'' Where it was said to them{Ephraim} ,'' you are not my people, it will be said to them, ' You are the sons of the living God.''

Had nothing to do with Jews, But God promised the kingdom of Ephraim a wedding in order to redeem them back into Israel after they had become Gentiles and so A light was shown in the land of Joseph{supposedly}

It's strange because the majority will read curses spoken of Ephraim and just generalize it to put on the head of Jews when in many cases, it isn't speaking of Judah at all, and so we see sins of Ephraim displayed in Hosea against Ephraim and many just lump it with Judah.

Same goes with those 7000 men, and it is the reason for an earthquake to come and kill them

He was showing how the two become one, and that there is 12 ribs on one side, and 12 on the other.{That's what you are}
I'm what?...

Old 12-22-2014, 09:12 AM

Quote:
I'm what?...
12 ribs on either side as 24 elders before the throne, and inside the inner circle of those elders are 4 beasts which are the 4 ventricles and what the elders are guarding. You choose between 4 spirits of the heart when you interact with anyone whether you tare as an Eagle from the North or a lion from the east. You can choose to speak as a man of the south or as calf of the west.

A battle between the flesh and the spirit, the two sons.

You are born in this body of death but when you die, there awaits another life, and that life relies on what you make of this life.

When it is said,'' Therefore there is no Jew, and no gentiles,'' it doesn't mean there is no more gentiles or Jews, it means that a person is both.

That the flesh is Ephraim and the inner hidden man of the heart is a Jew.

It doesn't mean there is not more slave or free man, it means that all are slaves and all are free.

It doesn't mean there is no more female or male, it means that a person has an option to be a female{submissive} by flesh, and that she hears the will of the spirit and submits to it.

The prophesy is that Ephraim and Judah become as one single man, but this only depends on Ephraim submitting to Judah after they return and repent from keeping the ways of the nations.

The building of a man by taking two men and making them one was nothing new because Abel was the hidden man in Cain, and Jacob the hidden man in Esau. {my good opinion of course.}

But the struggle between two brothers produces an outcome, a new creature like Jacob becoming Israel, BECAUSE he struggled with God in coming to make peace with his brother Esau and was wounded, and then he submitted himself in front of his brother with everything he owned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or