U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-28-2014, 03:04 PM
 
864 posts, read 734,210 times
Reputation: 251

Advertisements

Quote:
As a Haredi, how else would you know her "personally" other than being a Woman?
How about family friend, relative, neighbor, bus driver, grocer, doctor, therapist...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-28-2014, 03:10 PM
 
Location: Eretz Yisrael
21,375 posts, read 24,137,102 times
Reputation: 8870
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwishiwerethin View Post
How about a family friend or relative
You're Haredi. We all know the rules about Men And Woman in your community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2014, 03:12 PM
 
Location: Eretz Yisrael
21,375 posts, read 24,137,102 times
Reputation: 8870
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwishiwerethin View Post
How about family friend, relative, neighbor, bus driver, grocer, doctor, therapist...

You may wan't to read your posts again and come up with a better one since none of those are possible in your community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2014, 03:44 PM
 
864 posts, read 734,210 times
Reputation: 251
Quote:
You may wan't to read your posts again and come up with a better one since none of those are possible in your community.
Okay, I might be her father, grandfather, ex, uncle, or a frequent Shabbos guest at her grandfather's home. (Her own home was chaotic.)

All of the above are possible, so your ignorance of orthodox communities is showing once again. Frankly, I don't care if you or anybody else on this board thinks I'm a woman or man, since it's irrelevant, but I find it amusing how all of you came to this conclusion for no apparent reason, other than my screen name (hyker) and or knowing Deborah Feldman personally.

I thought Tikva was a woman based on his screen name until he revealed he wasn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2014, 04:02 PM
 
Location: Eretz Yisrael
21,375 posts, read 24,137,102 times
Reputation: 8870
Do you even know what "Tikva" means? I'll give you a hint: Its Hebrew.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2014, 04:06 PM
 
Location: Eretz Yisrael
21,375 posts, read 24,137,102 times
Reputation: 8870
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwishiwerethin View Post
Okay, I might be her father, grandfather, ex, uncle, or a frequent Shabbos guest at her grandfather's home. (Her own home was chaotic.)

All of the above are possible, so your ignorance of orthodox communities is showing once again. Frankly, I don't care if you or anybody else on this board thinks I'm a woman or man, since it's irrelevant, but I find it amusing how all of you came to this conclusion for no apparent reason, other than my screen name (hyker) and or knowing Deborah Feldman personally.
Again read your own posts. Keep up the BS, but don't forget I came from the same community.

BTW you may want to check your posts at:
JP Updates - Jewish Political News & Updates | JP Updates

Also BTW how is your German?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2014, 04:27 PM
 
864 posts, read 734,210 times
Reputation: 251
Quote:
Do you even know what "Tikva" means? I'll give you a hint: Its Hebrew.
Wink, wink... I know what Tikva means, and that's exactly the reason why I thought he was a Dudah.

Quote:
Again read your own posts. Keep up the BS, but don't forget I came from the same community.
Then how come you didn't know Rosh Hashana was two days all over the world, including Eretz Yisroel? Everybody in my community knows that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2014, 05:55 PM
 
Location: Eretz Yisrael
21,375 posts, read 24,137,102 times
Reputation: 8870
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwishiwerethin View Post
Then how come you didn't know Rosh Hashana was two days all over the world, including Eretz Yisroel? Everybody in my community knows that.
We had this discussion already a long time ago since its a yoma arichta (a long day).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2014, 06:07 PM
 
864 posts, read 734,210 times
Reputation: 251
Quote:
we had this discussion already a long time ago since its a yoma arichta (a long day).
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Outside of Israel its two days. But in my case it'll be two weeks since I go to Israel yearly right before RH and leave after YK.
How many days do you take off for Rosh Hashanah?

Last edited by iwishiwerethin; 05-28-2014 at 06:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2014, 06:39 PM
 
3,964 posts, read 3,347,521 times
Reputation: 1246
Iwish, this is all just a diversion tactic to hide his lies about being an original in this forum, when in truth we were in this forum at least a year before he showed up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top