U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 09:13 AM

2,391 posts, read 4,044,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
This is a topic for a thread that covers it and thus it doesn't belong in this thread. If you wish, you should start two new threads that ask about the clothing worn and one that covers groups that seem not to work. I will throw in my two shekels without the arrogant remarks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Don't you have a pair of jeans, shirt or sneakers that are well broken in? You really don't want to get rid of them since they are comfy and broken in even if they don't look too well to others. Those items are within your comfort zone and so is his hat. Capish?

Sorry about that It was very late when I posted what I did and should of been asleep
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2013, 09:18 AM

21,353 posts, read 24,089,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
Sorry about that It was very late when I posted what I did and should of been asleep
No apologies were needed. It was more a fyi than anything else.

Old 08-10-2013, 01:57 AM

546 posts, read 565,175 times
I'm Reform. One day.
The two day holiday was meant just to be sure the holiday was over time-wise. Since we have clocks, we clearly know when a day is over.

Old 08-10-2013, 09:08 PM

3,947 posts, read 3,339,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaMom View Post
I'm Reform. One day.
The two day holiday was meant just to be sure the holiday was over time-wise. Since we have clocks, we clearly know when a day is over.
Incorrect. For Rosh Hashana, both days are a holiday. Reform Jews are mistaken to only make this a one day holiday. And welcome to the forum (FYI: we Jews don't post in this forum on Shabbos, regardless of our level of observance).

Old 08-10-2013, 09:12 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,560,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
(FYI: we Jews don't post in this forum on Shabbos, regardless of our level of observance).
There is a law in this forum where it is prohibited to post on Sabbath? Perhaps a moderator could answer this.

You may be surprised that most Jewish people do not celebrate Sabbath. In most of Israel, stores are open on Sabbath, including in Tel Aviv. Orthodox Jews are the only ones who takes Sabbath very strict.

Bad news...
http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/...gious-1.459477
http://www.simpletoremember.com/arti...wsdontbelieve/
http://davidduke.com/another-duke-po...-of-judaism-2/

Old 08-10-2013, 09:16 PM

3,947 posts, read 3,339,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jews for Jesus View Post
There is a law in this forum where it is prohibited to post on Sabbath? Perhaps a moderator could answer this.

You may be surprised that most Jewish people do not celebrate Sabbath. In most of Israel, stores are open on Sabbath, including in Tel Aviv.
You are permitted to post in this forum on Shabbos. It's only the Jews who refrain from posting here on Shabbos out of respect of the Torah and its mitzvos. Please respect what the Jews are asking here.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:

There is no law related to posting on C-D itself. We who post in this sub-forum may not agree on numerous items, but in respect for each other we made an agreement on this one item not to post here in the Judaism Forum during Shabbat (EST) and the high holy days. You may search thru the older threads to find the thread(s) on this subject which includes Mod narrative on the subject.

Old 08-11-2013, 01:26 PM

Quote:
.... In most of Israel, stores are open on Sabbath, including in Tel Aviv. Orthodox Jews are the only ones who takes Sabbath very strict.

Sorry to tell you, but you are wrong. The stores that do open on Shabbat open up within an hour or so of the end of Shabbat. Most businesses in Israel start closing up many hours before Shabbat starts. During Shabbat in Israel, even if they don't follow the Talmudic view, treat it as a day of rest. I have never seen a business open from Friday evening to Saturday night in Israel. Now if you ask me, have I seen a car being driven (rare) on Shabbat then I would say yes to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or