U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 05:32 PM

3,964 posts, read 3,348,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
This is priceless. Please tell me you were at Mt. Sinai several thousand years ago and helped carry some tablets down the mountain while you were "accepting" Judaism.
I was there. So was iwish.

I'm just curious, are you Jewish HyperionGap? If you are Halachically Jewish, like it not, you were there too. And that means you accepted the Torah and all its mitzvos, even if you reject them now.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:41 PM

864 posts, read 734,405 times
Quote:
This is priceless. Please tell me you were at Mt. Sinai several thousand years ago and helped carry some tablets down the mountain while you were "accepting" Judaism.
Well, my soul sure was there, and if you're Jewish so was yours. So let's see: You deny the divinity of the Torah and the revelation at Mt. Sinai, yet have the audacity to say that Judaism is whatever one wants it to be.

Explain where your idea of Judaism (whatever it is) comes from and how it differs from other religions.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:58 PM

21,376 posts, read 24,147,550 times
oto davar ani roeh.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:34 PM

3,831 posts, read 3,707,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
I was there. So was iwish.

I'm just curious, are you Jewish HyperionGap?
I consider myself Jewish, but you wouldn't. How's that for an answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwishiwerethin View Post
Explain where your idea of Judaism (whatever it is) comes from and how it differs from other religions.
Or what? You're neither my mother, nor my rabbi, nor my comparative religions professor (which I never took, so I would actually have to do a fair amount of research to answer that question).

The way this board currently is consists you two just gang up on anyone that has a different viewpoint makes it a very uncomfortable and unpleasant environment. I and I'm sure many others are quite grateful to have your input when people ask questions, but it's really not necessary to make it a point of criticizing every single topic that doesn't subscribe to your worldview.

Is there any way you two could make a conscious effort to be slightly less self-righteous? I really do think it would go a long way.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:21 PM

864 posts, read 734,405 times
Quote:
The way this board currently is consists you two just gang up on anyone that has a different viewpoint makes it a very uncomfortable and unpleasant environment. I and I'm sure many others are quite grateful to have your input when people ask questions, but it's really not necessary to make it a point of criticizing every single topic that doesn't subscribe to your worldview.
If "different viewpoint" is contrary to halacha, I will point that out since this is the Judaism forum. With all due respect, if somebody's viewpoint does not conform to Judaism's standards, he/she should not post them here.

Quote:
Or what? You're neither my mother, nor my rabbi, nor my comparative religions professor (which I never took, so I would actually have to do a fair amount of research to answer that question).
Until you come up with a different answer, we will stick to Judaism began at the revelation at Mt. Sinai and that G-d gave us only one Judaism to follow.

Quote:
I consider myself Jewish, but you wouldn't. How's that for an answer
If your mother is Jewish, you are too. It's that simple.

What's the logic behind considering yourself Jewish if you don't even believe in the divinity of the Torah? It's the Torah that INVENTED the concept of Jewishness, yet you deny its divinity and then define yourself by it, against its own definition.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:06 PM

3,831 posts, read 3,707,415 times
Nope.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:08 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,305,624 times
The original topic was lost long back.

The purpose of this forum is dialogue not war.

Thread closed

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism