U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 09:45 PM

21,381 posts, read 24,175,832 times

Advertisements

salute worship the chair of the dead chabad rebbe - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 09:49 PM

21,381 posts, read 24,175,832 times

WTF Chabad Children Salute Invisible Rebbe - full version - YouTube

Old 01-15-2014, 03:24 AM

1,726 posts, read 1,394,104 times
Are y'all really going to hijack yet another thread?

Old 01-15-2014, 05:28 AM

3,968 posts, read 3,352,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
But you would agree they are both idol worshipers, lost their Jewish souls, and have no place in Olam Habah, right?
Messianics have lost their Olam Haba. I've never seen a proof that Lubavich worship idols. Nor do they believe Rav Schneerson was a god. A few of them simply think he might have been moschiach, who will be a regular man, not a celestial.

Old 01-15-2014, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB from NC View Post
Are y'all really going to hijack yet another thread?
No! Let's go back to discussing the hippie nutbag in the OP.

Old 01-15-2014, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
No! Let's go back to discussing the hippie nutbag in the OP.
I don't think he's a nutbag, but I do think his work is being taken out of context. From what I've read (but granted I've not read any of his work), Dr. Boyarin is talking about various early Jewish movements that were found in the late Second Temple era. These included "Doomsday" cults, groups with messianic ideas that fell well outside the norm, and esoteric sects that were anything but mainstream. And, technically, all of them were Jewish groups.

But neither they nor the ideas they entertained survived into modern Christianity. That religion is much different that anything ancient Jewish sects might have once been, and it's not what Dr. Boyarin's book is about.

Old 01-15-2014, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB from NC View Post
I don't think he's a nutbag, but I do think his work is being taken out of context. From what I've read (but granted I've not read any of his work), Dr. Boyarin is talking about various early Jewish movements that were found in the late Second Temple era. These included "Doomsday" cults, groups with messianic ideas that fell well outside the norm, and esoteric sects that were anything but mainstream. And, technically, all of them were Jewish groups.

But neither they nor the ideas they entertained survived into modern Christianity. That religion is much different that anything ancient Jewish sects might have once been, and it's not what Dr. Boyarin's book is about.
You are 100% correct, JB. What the OP does not realize, is that to do so is just another form if anti semitism. Since our current 3300 year religion can't be penetrated by these goyem, they seek to delegitimize us by attacking our forefathers and slandering us by saying the early Xhrstians were Jews and therefore today's Jews should agree with their attempts to legitimize Yushke as moschiach. The problem with Yushke, we Jews all know, is that he fulfilled exactly zero of the messianic prophesies.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:28 AM

3,831 posts, read 3,711,860 times
Quote:
You are 100% correct, JB. What the OP does not realize, is that to do so is just another form if anti semitism.
To do what?
Quote:
Since our current 3300 year religion can't be penetrated by these goyem,
Who are you talking about? Dr. Boyarin?

Old 01-15-2014, 07:37 AM

Let me be clearer. To attempt to legitimize a Jewish view that Jesus and Judaism are not mutually exclusive is anti semitism. Jews who believe in Jesus are no longer members of k'lal Yisroel.

The Berkely professor was presented by the OP as a Talmudic scholar. Are you kidding me? He's attempting to murder Jewish souls. He is neither a Talmudic scholar nor a Jew. He's a rasha. That's how these Messianics work. They infiltrate our communities by pretending to be Jews and then present heretical ideas as if they are normative Judaism.

Sadly, Jews who never received a proper Jewish education fall prey to these evil people, often at the cost of their Jewish souls. Look no further than this forum for multiple examples. If you people are not as angry as I am, then I don't know what to say.

Old 01-15-2014, 08:29 AM

Quote:
The Berkely professor was presented by the OP as a Talmudic scholar. Are you kidding me? He's attempting to murder Jewish souls. He is neither a Talmudic scholar nor a Jew. He's a rasha. That's how these Messianics work. They infiltrate our communities by pretending to be Jews and then present heretical ideas as if they are normative Judaism.
I'm curious as to what sources you are using to make this evaluation. Have you read any of his works, attended his lectures, or researched his views? Or is it based on the apparent faulty assumption that has already been made?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or