U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 02:26 PM

3,831 posts, read 3,698,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwishiwerethin View Post
It's COULDN'T care less, for crying out loud. COULDN'T care less.

You never seemed to have a problem understanding anything TFF posted, Hyper, so why the griping. Oh, I forgot. It's TFF, so you've got to find something.
You can read my mind now? That's a neat trick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 03:16 PM

21,353 posts, read 24,084,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwishiwerethin View Post
I don't know how old "shtusim" is, but regardless whether it's 6 months old, or 600 years old, it still preceded shtuyot.
Prove it to be the Truth.

Old 06-02-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
I knew what Iwish meant, and I'm a bit offended that a poster keeps criticizing my speech patterns. I wonder if he criticizes Americans who speak with a Mexican accent, or Black English too?
Speech patterns? You are TYPING. Thus there is no speech pattern.

Mexican accent? Its Spanish. In written form it's still Spanish.

Black English accent? Black Northerners speaking in Southern is a accent. Blacks speaking in Ebonics is slang.

If we wanted to be typing Yeshivish or Yiddish in English letters, then we wouldn't be typing in this board. We'd be typing in other boards that actually use it like:
YWN Coffee Room
Imamother.com :: Index
Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk - Powered by vBulletin

Old 06-02-2014, 04:39 PM

3,945 posts, read 3,337,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
You can read my mind now? That's a neat trick.
Ah! Gevaldik!

Old 06-02-2014, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Ah! Gevaldik!

Adding “dik” to certian Jewish words changes them

Adding “dik” to certian Jewish words changes them

Old 06-02-2014, 07:45 PM

3,831 posts, read 3,698,340 times
Quote:
Ah! Gevaldik!
?? English

Old 06-02-2014, 07:49 PM

It's been troubling me today why a bunch of liberal Jews, who would never ever say a slanderous thing about the way blacks and Mexicans in America speak, would go so far out of their way to demonstrate their predjudice towards their fellow Jews manner of speech. Then it hit me.

You folks are terrified. The Pew report clearly demonstrated that in another generation or two, your entire brand of Judaism will be extinct. And you're totally afraid that if any of you make it that far and are still nominally Jewish, that you won't be able to communicate with the thriving Yeshivish Jewish community.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
?? English
Linky:

https://freedom-to-tinker.com/blog/d...curity-review/

Old 06-02-2014, 08:48 PM

Quote:
It's been troubling me today why a bunch of liberal Jews, who would never ever say a slanderous thing about the way blacks and Mexicans in America speak, would go so far out of their way to demonstrate their predjudice towards their fellow Jews manner of speech. Then it hit me.

You folks are terrified. The Pew report clearly demonstrated that in another generation or two, your entire brand of Judaism will be extinct. And you're totally afraid that if any of you make it that far and are still nominally Jewish, that you won't be able to communicate with the thriving Yeshivish Jewish community.
Since it's been awhile, why don't refresh everyone here about your veiws of the millions of Jews who died during the holocaust.

We can start here:

Questions on Judaism

And work back in time from there. There has not been a person as anti-Jew as you for not being as TOJ as you.

This deflection of using Blacks and Hispanics to make your point is worthless as we are typing here and not speaking. American Hispanics speak and type in English all over C-D. They don't use Spanglish to type to a general audience. American Blacks speak and type in English all over C-D. They don't use Ebonics (street speak, Jive, whatever) to type to a general audience.

Yiddish and Yeshivish is self-segregation by Orthodox/Haredi Jews. Past that in another generation it will be a dead language used by less than 5% of all Jews worldwide.

And so a little linky since you've called most of 95% Gentiles:

Quote:
By the late 1200s, Jews had created a language rooted in Jewish history that they used in their daily lives and when they conducted business among themselves. When they did business with Gentiles, Jews spoke the language of their countrymen.
Yiddish, a bisle of History

Old 06-02-2014, 09:23 PM

Quote:
By the late 1200s, Jews had created a language rooted in Jewish history that they used in their daily lives and when they conducted business among themselves. When they did business with Gentiles, Jews spoke the language of their countrymen.
I'm seriously shocked. You would prefer I speak the language of Gentiles with my fellow Jews in this forum instead of the language of Jews? Amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism