U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 07:24 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,434,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo1234 View Post
^Well, I guess you can lie to people in Shul, but that's not me. Funny, if they were testing me and I failed why have I been invited to Shabbos dinner again this Friday by one of these pious orthodox jews? Maybe I passed the test!?!?
Don't forget to go back to the Reform shul and tell everyone the Rabbi's wife has dust bunnies under the bed once you're done eating.

Alas, our kind and wise moderator will see this thread soon and pull my witty repetoire, rightfully so, and the hilarity will forever be lost in cyberspace.

I must go do my studies now. This discussion has prompted me to get off of the computer. Thank you for that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 07:30 PM

61 posts, read 56,748 times
^You've already said once before that you're not coming back to this thread, yet here you are again posting. I'm looking forward to you coming back in here for a third time and using more bad analogies.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:01 PM

22,592 posts, read 12,344,497 times
I would just like to observe that as someone who works at the University of Pennsylvania, we have a large impressive ultra-modern HILLEL building on campus (that has a Glatt Kosher restaurant inside it no less).

HILLEL serves all Jews, whether or not they are Orthodox, Conservative, Reform or Reconstructionist. Everyone seems to get along, and I have not seen any tensions between the students, faculty and staff that use that building.

From my experience, it is the Conservative and Reform Jews who are the most pro-Zionist and Pro-Israel; the Orthodox seem more focused on studying and praying. These are just my observations, and I don't pretend to make a definitive statement on this issue.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:35 PM

3,831 posts, read 3,703,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
From my experience, it is the Conservative and Reform Jews who are the most pro-Zionist and Pro-Israel; the Orthodox seem more focused on studying and praying. These are just my observations, and I don't pretend to make a definitive statement on this issue.
I would agree with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or