Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 02:54 PM

43 posts, read 160,905 times

Advertisements

We are in the EU, have 4 children, 9-7-6 and a 3 month old; we have been thinking of returning to the US, just for background we have been reform but recently sort of checking out Lubavitcher and other orthodox communities, we are more sephardi minhag but have not found such communities where we live atm., israel is a must but for now maybe aliyah

Can anyone share experiences with partts of the country that have cheery communities all around year to raise children?

we appreciated it

Mia and Gabriel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2014, 05:02 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,669,400 times
What language are you translating from? Knowing this will aid in which part of the country to go too as language may be a barrier.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
What language are you translating from? Knowing this will aid in which part of the country to go too as language may be a barrier.
english

speak a little ivrit, not fluent though. ani mavine tzak ivrit

assuming you asked because of sepahrdi background we have relatives who are spanish, french and greek (romaniote and sepahrdi jews)

Old 02-22-2014, 05:56 PM

864 posts, read 868,805 times
Quote:
We are in the EU, have 4 children, 9-7-6 and a 3 month old; we have been thinking of returning to the US, just for background we have been reform but recently sort of checking out Lubavitcher and other orthodox communities, we are more sephardi minhag but have not found such communities where we live atm., israel is a must but for now maybe aliyah
Moving to a new country is a drastic undertaking. Where do you live now?

Old 02-22-2014, 06:12 PM

we are in the UK,

we lived in the US before, 25 years, NYC and even Canada, i have been all over the US, worked as a video editor for a news team, post production, it was drastic living in in the EU, but the USA has changed since 1999, which was the last year i was there., since then we had 4 kids while living in Spain., we appreciate your help and your questions are very very good, i dont think English is a problem, im looking for post work tv radio or film, plan to live in suburbs and not in cities, may even rent before purchasing to see if we adjust

Old 02-22-2014, 06:20 PM

Quote:
we are in the UK,
UK is a European center for Jews. I don't get your question, are you looking to join a Jewish community and send your children to Jewish schools or just to move to the US?

Old 02-22-2014, 07:05 PM

We want to move to the US and are asking where are some of the better areas for families to raise jewish children,

Somewhere warm, safe and reasonable for working.

I have asked friends in denver and auston, i looked up jewish communities there too and they seem very interesting.
Just wondering if others think its better to stay in the east coast or if its better to move to the mid west, sadly while cali sounds promising i ratehr avoid it.

I lived in San Diego, LA, Seatle, SF, NYC, Brooklyn, Austroa queens, NJ, PA, DC, VA, Orlando, Tampa and long island in the past but its been 10 years since i been back and especially with family.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:10 PM

388 posts, read 383,689 times
Boca Raton, Florida. I like to lovingly refer to it as Little Israel (Or the sixth borough of New York City).

Old 02-22-2014, 08:43 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,669,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikva View Post
Boca Raton, Florida. I like to lovingly refer to it as Little Israel (Or the sixth borough of New York City).
Actually that's Ft Lauderdale.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:48 PM

Quote:
I lived in San Diego, LA, Seatle, SF, NYC, Brooklyn, Austroa queens, NJ, PA, DC, VA, Orlando, Tampa and long island in the past but its been 10 years since i been back and especially with family.
That makes you the most reliable source to answer your own question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism