U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 06:18 PM

3,964 posts, read 3,346,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwishiwerethin View Post

And how, may I ask, have you come to this conclusion?
Well he does use a lot of fancy words.

Hyperion, you should ask Whoppers about his knowledge on who wrote the Jewish bible. As a Reform Jew, I think you will find his answers fit really well with your own personal "theology."

This is just a friendly suggestion from one Canaani to another.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:29 PM

388 posts, read 316,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
As a Reform Jew, I think you will find his answers fit really well with your own personal "theology."
You seem like you are on a steady diet of Carnation Instant B*tch.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikva View Post
You seem like you are on a steady diet of Carnation Instant B*tch.
Apparently keeping company with people who deny Torah makes me really really cranky. Thankfully in my real life, I have almost zero exposure to heretics.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:07 PM

21,373 posts, read 24,132,268 times
Quote:
Apparently keeping company with people who deny Torah makes me really really cranky. Thankfully in my real life, I have almost zero exposure to heretics.
But you have time to call everyone , except for iwish, a heretic.

19:17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thy heart.....

Old 02-24-2014, 09:26 PM

864 posts, read 734,146 times
Quote:
19:17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thy heart.....
Why don't you learn the exact meaning of the Mitzvah before you accuse somebody of its violation?

Old 02-25-2014, 01:54 AM

3,831 posts, read 3,705,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1+1=5 View Post
My heart almost stopped when I saw the title of this thread. Glad you are okay, Woodrow!
I too appreciate all that Woodrow does and understand it cannot be easy to corral a bunch of Jews getting in arguments every other day. I was just posting to clarify on the comments in one of his edits.

Old 02-25-2014, 01:57 AM

3,831 posts, read 3,705,194 times
Quote:
That's probably why you hate everyone so much. Just like white racists that are afraid and scared of black culture they don't even understand or have any contact with.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
That's probably why you hate everyone so much. Just like white racists that are afraid and scared of black culture they don't even understand or have any contact with.
Hyperion, I only have a few minutes before I head off to Shacharis at shul. I grew up reform. Was "bar mitzvah'd" in a reform shul. Spent the next 7-8 years in a Conservative shul. Then was an atheist pothead for a decade before having a "moment" in the Grand Canyon in Arizona that turned me back towards G-d. I have spent the last 10-15 years trying to get to know Hashem better, and I discovered the best way for a Yid to do this is via the Torah. So please don't accuse me of being ignorant of how non Torah focused Yidden live their lives. I spent half my life in your shoes.

Here's what I expect happens to all of you, save for the one or two in this forum who are heading the wrong way with their Yiddishkite. No matter how disconnected to Torah and Hashem you currently are, you are participating in this forum for a reason. I suspect that reason is because you have already turned towards Hashem. That's big!

At this point, I'm quite certain you'll end up closer to your Jewish roots than further away. It takes time to improve your madrega (level of Jewish spirituality), but you appear to be doing it, if for no other reason than by reading the posts of those in this forum who are currently working hard to guard the Torah. Kiddushah (sanctity achieved by separating yourself from the world of sheker - falsehood) only should go upwards.

My bracha to you, Hyperion, is that you should only know an ever increasing kiddushah that leads you to a higher madrega, in turn bringing you closer to Hashem and back to your people.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:28 AM

21,373 posts, read 24,132,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwishiwerethin View Post
Why don't you learn the exact meaning of the Mitzvah before you accuse somebody of its violation?
Instead of attacking me for using a direct sentence from the Torah which states perfectly in my view what was stated, explain to us what you personally think it means (without doing a copy & paste from the Talmud).

Old 02-25-2014, 07:17 AM

864 posts, read 734,146 times
Quote:
I don't get it. You're an admitted scofflaw, consistently make fun of observant Jews, Torah, and Mitzvos. Why are you even in the Judaism forum if you don't believe in G-d, the Torah, think Jews who keep the Torah are fundamentalist wackos (whatever that means), and then complain that they hate you when the Torah explicitly says that people like you are not considered "your brother." Hashem loves us like a father, but He's a strict father with rules. You follow the rules, you're good, you don't--there are consequences.

You're certainly not interested in representing the truth of Judaism, you're certainly not interested in learning, so why aren't you in the atheist or pagan forum?

It's time you looked in the mirror and asked yourself some serious questions, and I'm not saying this with malice, but you are one confused guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or