U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2014, 11:05 AM

864 posts, read 733,274 times

Advertisements

JB commented the following in another thread and I thought of opening this challenge:

Quote:
I think that, quite often, the issue has more to do with the mode of delivery rather than the message. No one likes to spoken down to or to be treated as inferior by someone with a sanctimonious, "holier-than-thou" attitude.

If the goal really is to help people find a closer connection to God, then some tact and diplomacy would go a whole lot farther.
I challenge anybody to find a posting of mine that is tactless, undiplomatic, or one with a holier-than-thou attitude. The posting may not be taken out of context or disconnected from the comment to which it is responding.

Please stick to the original topic (thanks Pruzh for the correction) and post only my comments, not your opinions about them. By clicking on my handle, you can access the list of postings.

Last edited by iwishiwerethin; 02-27-2014 at 12:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 11:38 AM

21,353 posts, read 24,079,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwishiwerethin View Post
Please stick to the OT and post only my comments, not your opinions about them. By clicking on my handle, you can access the list of postings.
fyi

OT to everyone outside of Judaism is Old Testament. OP is the form used for the Original Post (#1) and not Original Topic (or Off Topic).

Old 02-27-2014, 12:45 PM

21,353 posts, read 24,079,680 times
Since most were deleted MOD CUT and your rules set too many constraints, I removed the constraints so here you go:

Quote:
Well, this "cult group" has been around since the revelation at Mt. Sinai and is not going away anytime soon. If you are, indeed, a Jew as you claim to be, you are part of this "cult group", whether you like it or not. This "cult group" is just doing what Jews are meant to be doing, following the Torah, that is. The same laws that apply to them, apply to you. Sadly for you, one or more of your ancestors was remiss in passing along the traditions, obligations, and beauty of Judaism and of feeling privileged to have been chosen to bring to the world its moral code.

Quote:
#1 We are not all Jews. Only those who are born to Jewish mothers or those who converted halachically are Jews.
#2 We should respect everybody, but that doesn't mean one must respect everybody's theology.
#3 If you knew the basics about Judaism, you'd also realize how the reform MOVEMENT (not the Jews) is a sad joke. The rabbis don't follow Jewish law, nor do they require their congregants to follow Jewish law.
Hardly, if any at all. OTD are free-for-alls who just want to immerse themselves in a fun life.

Quote:
There is no secular Judaism. Secular Jews just don't keep the Mitzvos of the Torah, or keep them partially.

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 02-27-2014 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: Mod actions are not to be discussed in a thread

Old 02-27-2014, 01:00 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,272,269 times
Actions of mods are to be discussed with the mod in question by Direct message, not in a thread.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 02-27-2014 at 01:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or