U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 06:45 PM

864 posts, read 733,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
How is it pronounced?
Ask your Rabbi MOD CUT, or get a tutor to teach you to read Hebrew.

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 03-19-2014 at 10:00 AM.. Reason: Taken as being offensive by too many people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 07:16 PM

3,831 posts, read 3,700,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwishiwerethin View Post
Ask your Rabbi MOD CUT, or get a tutor to teach you to read Hebrew.
The original pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton has been lost, owing to the strong Jewish disapproval of pronouncing the name.
http://www.myjewishlearning.com/beli...rammaton.shtml

Nobody knows how it is pronounced. Guess you need the Reform Jew to explain these things to you since they neglected to tell you girls in the Orthodox schools.

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 03-19-2014 at 10:02 AM..

Old 03-18-2014, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Nobody knows how it is pronounced. Guess you need the Reform Jew to explain these things to you since they neglected to tell you girls in the Orthodox schools.
Reform Jews don't know how it's pronounced because they can't read Hebrew.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:13 PM

Quote:

Just like Orthodox Jews don't know how evolution works because they don't understand Science.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Just like Orthodox Jews don't know how evolution works because they don't understand Science.
As if reform Jews understand evolution. As a matter of fact, nobody understands evolution. How does it feel to have evolved from an ape? Remember when you tried to explain it, but couldn't.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:42 PM

3,956 posts, read 3,341,414 times
Quote:
As if reform Jews understand evolution. As a matter of fact, nobody understands evolution. How does it feel to have evolved from an ape? Remember when you tried to explain it, but couldn't.
That's interesting. So the Reform think it's a version of mental illness to think woman came from man's rib. But man coming from ape is perfectly normal? Sounds a bit hypocritical, no?

Old 03-18-2014, 09:44 PM

388 posts, read 316,406 times
If you took any class dealing in genetics or general biology, you would actually learn a thing or two. I believe in higher education for this reason.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:48 PM

3,956 posts, read 3,341,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikva View Post
If you took any class dealing in genetics or general biology, you would actually learn a thing or two. I believe in higher education for this reason.
I have a college degree and took biology, chemistry and the whole gamut of life sciences. I'm a six figured professional working at Fortune 100 company managing a large team of professionals. But man used to be a monkey? How is that less crazy than woman came from man?

Old 03-18-2014, 09:51 PM

388 posts, read 316,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
I have a college degree and took biology, chemistry and the whole gamut of life sciences. I'm a six figured professional working at Fortune 100 company managing a large team of professionals. But man used to be a monkey? How is that less crazy than woman came from man?
TFF, if you are as learned as you depict yourself as, I suggest that you invest some time reading up on Belief Perseverance. It is one of my favorite theories concerning the Psychology courses I take and I see countless applications for it on this forum when dealing with you and Iwish.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
If you think man used to be a monkey, I don't think you learned much in your biology class.

Oh, one other thing. How come you had absolutely no problem with this lovely remark from Iwish?

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or