U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 07:39 AM

388 posts, read 316,213 times

Advertisements

In before people verbally assault Agam.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:47 AM

21,353 posts, read 24,084,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikva View Post
In before....
Was that a response to the OP?

Old 03-28-2014, 07:54 AM

388 posts, read 316,213 times
No, it was about her comment towards Muslims.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:02 AM

31 posts, read 20,793 times
Am i not right?

do you like Muslim ?

They want to destroy my country. Kill as many Jews they can

why i supposed to love them?

they are Terrorists That's a fact. No opinion

God chose the Jews as the chosen people. And that's a fact

Old 03-28-2014, 09:05 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,274,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agam View Post
I hate Muslim
I will not be visiting their forum,
just keep away from them
An opinion from the Moderator:

Moderator Hat on

It must be kept in mind the member is from Israel. She has a right to her opinion and taking all into consideration it is my opinion her comments and views are valid opinions. I am not going to delete the post and for those who desire to reply to her, keep in mind her location and her first hand experiences.

Moderator hat off

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 03-28-2014, 09:33 AM

12,005 posts, read 16,756,182 times
Quote:
Am i not right?

do you like Muslim ?

Agam,

I recognize that you are quite young. I hope that as you grow older, you learn to accept others and learn shades of gray. Certainly there are some Muslims who are terrorists. There are also Christian and even Jewish terrorists. The vast majority of Muslims, like the vast majority of all other faiths, are good people trying to eek out a living in this world.

Some of my closest friends are Muslims - including my childhood best friend whose father was a Palestinian born near Netanya but was forced to leave his home as a boy. He did not hate Jews, but certainly felt weary and saddened at the loss of his home and sense of heritage. I can't find fault with him for that.

Put the shoe on the other foot. You live in Israel while my friend's father cannot. I have the right of return even though my family has lived in either the USA or Europe for hundreds of years. My childhood best friend is one generation removed from Israel and she cannot return. While in no way do I support terrorism, is it so hard to understand why Muslims with heritage ties to Israel are upset? Unfortunately, the few who decide terrorism is an effective tool (though we know it is not) hurt the rest of the peace-craving Palestinians. They are just as much of victims as you are.

There are many programs in Israel to bring Jewish and Muslim youth together to understand each other. Open your mind and make a Muslim friend - you will be surprised just how much like you and I they are.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:37 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,385,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Agam,

I recognize that you are quite young. I hope that as you grow older, you learn to accept others and learn shades of gray. Certainly there are some Muslims who are terrorists. There are also Christian and even Jewish terrorists. The vast majority of Muslims, like the vast majority of all other faiths, are good people trying to eek out a living in this world.

Some of my closest friends are Muslims - including my childhood best friend whose father was a Palestinian born near Netanya but was forced to leave his home as a boy. He did not hate Jews, but certainly felt weary and saddened at the loss of his home and sense of heritage. I can't find fault with him for that.

Put the shoe on the other foot. You live in Israel while my friend's father cannot. I have the right of return even though my family has lived in either the USA or Europe for hundreds of years. My childhood best friend is one generation removed from Israel and she cannot return. While in no way do I support terrorism, is it so hard to understand why Muslims with heritage ties to Israel are upset? Unfortunately, the few who decide terrorism is an effective tool (though we know it is not) hurt the rest of the peace-craving Palestinians. They are just as much of victims as you are.

There are many programs in Israel to bring Jewish and Muslim youth together to understand each other. Open your mind and make a Muslim friend - you will be surprised just how much like you and I they are.
Well said and great advice!

Old 03-28-2014, 10:56 AM

939 posts, read 1,260,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Agam,

Well said! I hope the OP will find herself in a place where she gets to talk to a Muslim on a personal level and realize that they are for the most part, the same kind of human being as she is.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Am i not right?

do you like Muslim ?

Are you right? Let me give you my short perspective. Previous to moving to the US my family lived around Yerushalayim for hundreds of years. They own hundreds of dunams of land to the East and and North as each lineage were farmers/shepherds (my father had a lineage of Rabbi's) . We lived alongside the Arabs as if they were cousins and shared crops. Under the Ottomans there were no real issues. Even when the European Jews arrived in the area in the late 1800's there were few problems. Even when the early Zionists arrived there were few problems. After WW2 the Non-Jewish Europeans and Arabs (from other countries) arrived in the area is when problems started. They each brought their hate with them and each instigated issues. If you read the history of the Mandate, you will find quote after quote of Jewish leaders telling people not to listen to the outsiders and that they should get along. But with the British in the Mandate, they instigated numerous issues not only within the Mandate but also with the surrounding Arab nations. The British made the same promises to Jews as well as Arabs. To add to this Germany also stuck its hands into the mixture by befriending the Grand Mufti and feeding him with the glory of the Nazi party and made many promises to him that through the years carried to the Arabs of the Mandate which included all the negative propaganda from Europe. Hitler promised the Grand Mufti that once the Jewish problem was finished in Europe that he would take care of the Jewish problem in the Middle East and the Grand Mufti and Arabs he lead would become rich by gaining all that the Jews owned. That's when the problems started. From there you should know about the Arab League sending people across the border to attack Jewish villages and the Jews creating their own armies to fight back. But for the most part it wasn't the internal Arabs who had been there for generations that were the problem. The rest is history. Keep in mind that all the signs in Israel have Arabic on them and all the money also has Arabic on it too and its been like since Israel was created. So are you right? It depends on your perception and the information passed to you from your family and friends. From my perspective you aren't.

Do I like Muslims? for the most part I do. I deal with others based on their actions and not their religions. And when I deal with Arabs outside of Israel they treat me with the same consideration.

They want to destroy my country. Kill as many Jews they can: If they got rid of Hamas, Fatah and the instigation of the Arab League many things would be different.

why i supposed to love them?: Do you love every Israeli? Love is not the opposite of hate.

they are Terrorists That's a fact.: Sorry but no. A few hundred are, but keep in mind that many of them have been fed the same bad information as you've had.

If you want to go where the actual hate lives, then go to Hebron. Better yet when you go into the IDF request Hebron.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikva View Post
No, it was about her comment towards Muslims.
So how have we done so far?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or