U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 04:39 PM

3,968 posts, read 3,351,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
If one considers Judaism as an offshoot of a Mosaic religion, I wonder if any religion anywhere on the planet has introduced itself in a holy text by the account of a genocide committed upon the command of its god. Remembering all the while that this very Moses founded it with a set of commandments that acknowledged the existence of gods for other peoples but insisted that THIS people must put all those other gods behind itself. It was a one to one relationship. This god chose THIS people. And as such, is said to have ordered the complete extermination of a people that made it angry. Ordered it as a PROOF of faith and obedience.

I'm an anthropology fan, but I've never encountered a religion founded upon such a base. This is the stuff of eternal inter-ethnic strife. The War of the Gods re-enacted on a human plane. If the Hebrews were runaway slaves, is there a way to elicit this core value from the base of slave existence? I read Moses and Monotheism ages ago, but I don't recall that Freud related these things together.
So if we Jews are such a murderous people (my fellow Jews will love the irony in that), then what do you propose? A final solution? You're 80 years too late.

Have a gut Shabbes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 04:44 PM

4,609 posts, read 4,121,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwishiwerethin View Post
I am a Jew; apparently, you are not. So do you consider me your equal?
Yes, Iwish, I think you are my equal, even though I am probably a better golfer than you are.

In fact, you seem to be intelligent enough to understand evolution.

Old 03-28-2014, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
So if we Jews are such a murderous people (my fellow Jews will love the irony in that), then what do you propose?
That's simple. Avoiding contact with any person I think is an Orthodox Jew.

Heck, you said that many people in your congregation have permits to carry concealed firearms. You don't need to give me that warning twice.

Old 03-28-2014, 04:54 PM

3,968 posts, read 3,351,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post

Heck, you said that many people in your congregation have permits to carry concealed firearms. You don't need to give me that warning twice.
Bang!

Old 03-28-2014, 05:40 PM

21,380 posts, read 24,170,078 times
Quote:

hmmmmm

T.O.T. Private consulting services: Richmond, VA - Video Of Guns In Orthodox Shul Causes Unrest in Jewish community

Last edited by Pruzhany; 03-28-2014 at 05:51 PM..

Old 03-28-2014, 10:27 PM

Thanks for the warning, Pruzhany. We go to Richmond a lot to visit with our son and his family, and we are definitely not going anywhere that Shul.

We will pass this website on to him and I'm sure he will share it with a lot of his friends.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:50 PM

5,147 posts, read 6,350,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
So if we Jews are such a murderous people (my fellow Jews will love the irony in that), then what do you propose? A final solution? You're 80 years too late.

Have a gut Shabbes.
I suggest a HUGE meal of crow. An admission that Jews are no more "special" than anyone else. And certainly no more "special" than the many genocide victims who aren't Jewish. Elie Wiesel made a very small peep of sympathy for the people of Bosnia who got massacred. But what about the tens of millions of natives in the Americas who were starved, infected, and worked to death by Europeans, to get the gold that made some European Jews very very rich? Of course, that was only because they had achieved status in a society that felt IT was "special" and had a mandate to convert or kill anyone who came in its path. Are there ANY writings like Pablo De Las Casas who raged against this attitude, writing with a Jewish author? That would be of extreme interest to me. I do know some enlightened Jews in America who speak out against honoring Columbus the torturer and murderer of simple kindly people he encountered. But from the rest of the world? Again, the Holocaust drumbeat is based on a very simple premise: Jews are "special" What happens to people chosen and set aside by God matters. What happens to Americans or Africans? Not so much! I don't hate Jews. But I hate the LIES that are constantly retold to try to be a tail that wags the world like a dog.

Jews are a tiny group of people who don't seem capable of living on the scale of peoples that small. I'll bet there are as many Sami as Jews. Living in a far harsher environment. Subject to deracination by European governments. And attracting no attention at all. Why? They never got the notion they were "special". They had deities, but no priests to make those deities more important than the ones of people beside whom they lived. And NO demand to exterminate neighbors.

Old 03-29-2014, 04:23 AM

21,380 posts, read 24,170,078 times
Quote:
Thanks for the warning, Pruzhany. We go to Richmond a lot to visit with our son and his family, and we are definitely not going anywhere that Shul.

We will pass this website on to him and I'm sure he will share it with a lot of his friends.
Don't worry to much. They were "strongly" asked to leave the community and sell their homes. Last I heard they are now in upstate NY mixed in with the Satmar.

Old 03-29-2014, 04:58 AM

28,018 posts, read 15,105,760 times
Quote:
Well, of course, there shouldn't be any problem answering such a question with DNA. Even after the world has mixed to such a degree, there have to be traces. If the nation of Israel really had a Sumerian source, I think that would show. Though I don't know if any scientist has been motivated to pursue the question. I've heard you can't be a Jew unless your mother was. Which makes me wonder why. The father's ethnicity is as pure as the mother's. Plus I wonder what the theologians have done with the prediction that Abraham's descendants would be a huge nation. Yet, by strict laws Israel insure the opposite was the case. At what number did the global population of Jews peak? Did it ever reach a billion like the Chinese or Indians? Or maybe 99 percent of the Diaspora is being treated as alien?
There is genetic discoveries of Jewishness...Such as, CMH the Kohanim haplogroup descended from Aaron who descended from Abraham, so, they surmise that the Kohanim gene must have been present in Abraham, because it takes several generations for the Y-Chromosome to alter even a little...The Y-Chromosome is passed from father to son unchanged...They have found many people with this particular CMH gene all over the world, and most are Jews and a majority are Kohanim...Which reflects the promise of HaShem in the Torab regarding the Priestly line of Aaron forever...The article that I read states that all these CMH type individuals have a common ancestor around 3300 years ago, which correlates with the time of Aaron...

Old 03-29-2014, 05:19 AM

28,018 posts, read 15,105,760 times
Quote:
I suggest a HUGE meal of crow. An admission that Jews are no more "special" than anyone else. And certainly no more "special" than the many genocide victims who aren't Jewish. Elie Wiesel made a very small peep of sympathy for the people of Bosnia who got massacred. But what about the tens of millions of natives in the Americas who were starved, infected, and worked to death by Europeans, to get the gold that made some European Jews very very rich? Of course, that was only because they had achieved status in a society that felt IT was "special" and had a mandate to convert or kill anyone who came in its path. Are there ANY writings like Pablo De Las Casas who raged against this attitude, writing with a Jewish author? That would be of extreme interest to me. I do know some enlightened Jews in America who speak out against honoring Columbus the torturer and murderer of simple kindly people he encountered. But from the rest of the world? Again, the Holocaust drumbeat is based on a very simple premise: Jews are "special" What happens to people chosen and set aside by God matters. What happens to Americans or Africans? Not so much! I don't hate Jews. But I hate the LIES that are constantly retold to try to be a tail that wags the world like a dog.

Jews are a tiny group of people who don't seem capable of living on the scale of peoples that small. I'll bet there are as many Sami as Jews. Living in a far harsher environment. Subject to deracination by European governments. And attracting no attention at all. Why? They never got the notion they were "special". They had deities, but no priests to make those deities more important than the ones of people beside whom they lived. And NO demand to exterminate neighbors.
Where do you think Columbus went to "torture" the Amerinds?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or