Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 11:24 AM

5,147 posts, read 7,476,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
There is genetic discoveries of Jewishness...Such as, CMH the Kohanim haplogroup descended from Aaron who descended from Abraham, so, they surmise that the Kohanim gene must have been present in Abraham, because it takes several generations for the Y-Chromosome to alter even a little...The Y-Chromosome is passed from father to son unchanged...They have found many people with this particular CMH gene all over the world, and most are Jews and a majority are Kohanim...Which reflects the promise of HaShem in the Torab regarding the Priestly line of Aaron forever...The article that I read states that all these CMH type individuals have a common ancestor around 3300 years ago, which correlates with the time of Aaron...
Exactly how do they have DNA from Aaron? How did anyone confirm it was Aaron? Outside the Torah, can we say Aaron is a real human figure? This really sounds so much like talking to a Creationist. All the "science" is self-referent. Plus, by all accounts, only Judah's descendants ever returned from Babylon. But then, is there any benchmark DNA for Judah? How? You can't merge legend and science except in a state of wishfulness. And I repeat, Jews are not "a special people". The militants like to think of themselves as "Daddy's favorite". But they are really just another segment of a linguistic group. In fact, it is pretty hard to even conclusively call them Semites since they could have changed their language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 07:21 PM

864 posts, read 871,024 times
Quote:
Exactly how do they have DNA from Aaron? How did anyone confirm it was Aaron? Outside the Torah, can we say Aaron is a real human figure? This really sounds so much like talking to a Creationist. All the "science" is self-referent. Plus, by all accounts, only Judah's descendants ever returned from Babylon. But then, is there any benchmark DNA for Judah? How? You can't merge legend and science except in a state of wishfulness. And I repeat, Jews are not "a special people". The militants like to think of themselves as "Daddy's favorite". But they are really just another segment of a linguistic group. In fact, it is pretty hard to even conclusively call them Semites since they could have changed their language.
So, if we are, as you claim, delusional people, why do even bother speaking to us or about us? Just ignore us.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
Anyone who keeps the 7 Noahide laws is essentially the equal of a Jew.

And I think you used your own biases to misinterpret my earlier post. You delegitimize us when you give any "theory" that says we are not descendants of Yaakov Aveinu (Jacob).

If you think we are Khazars, then you are an anti Semite. Same if you think were are descended from the Canaanites.
Round and round. No, the "laws" are a nullity. We are all equal in every meaningful sense. Sure, the brutal ones subjugate those who live ethically. But that is galaxies away from "chosen people". That's the realities of power. That merely obscures the fact that, cosmically, we are all equal. And no one can, by referring to a set of "laws" claim any different. That's the big fundamental error of everything in Judaism. The notion that some leader told them they were different from all other people on earth. I'm sure that helped quiet the chaos and create some group solidarity. The DOWNSIDE is that it got entrenched and magnified over time in the minds of these people to where without they'd have no identity. And since all homo sapiens fight to a bloody death for their identity, their sanity, we now have a group of people for whom this identity trumps even survival. And this is corroborated by human experience worldwide, something that the biblical stories are not corroborated by. And so the potential for catastrophe escalates on and on till something worse than the Holocaust could happen. And all to preserve the notion there is a "special people".

I never got to make any money in my life, but that left me free to shun all the doctrines used to blind people to the truth. And this is my summation. I doubt Buddha would be impressed, but he wasn't as concerned with normal earthly life. He felt attachment to it was not worth having.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:50 PM

Does anybody understand what he's saying?

Old 03-29-2014, 07:55 PM

Probably not. Those blinded by dogma usually understand little else. But for me, I'd just be repeating myself if I extended the discussion. So, as Bahbra Richmond might say, "Talk amongst yourself". But find your own topic.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:03 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,662,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwishiwerethin View Post
I actually gave it a go. But no, I really don't.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:22 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
The chosen people - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Old 03-29-2014, 08:24 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,894,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwishiwerethin View Post
Well, I agree with one thing he said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
And I repeat, Jews are not "a special people".
However, in my opinion, it does not matter if Jews are 'special people'. It does matter that Jews THINK they are special, because that gives them a positive attitude that helps them achieve a full potential in life.

That may be why a majority of the 100 most important Americans are Jewish. At least that is what I read.

Last edited by hiker45; 03-29-2014 at 08:40 PM..

Old 03-29-2014, 08:51 PM

This is the only part I understood:

Quote:
I never got to make any money in my life
Neither did I. Well not any money, but not any significant amount of wealth. Isn't this strange for somebody who controls the world's economy?

Old 04-04-2014, 11:01 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
[quote=Beenhere4ever;34073859]Well, of course, there shouldn't be any problem answering such a question with DNA. Even after the world has mixed to such a degree, there have to be traces. If the nation of Israel really had a Sumerian source, I think that would show.[quote]

It does, geographically speaking. Based upon data complied by the Human Genome Diversity Project researchers from New York and Tel Aviv published there results in the American Journal of Human Genetics that point to a common ancestor all ethnic Jews are related to a group that emerged at sometime in the Middle east. The same study found a strong genetic tie between Jews, Druze, Bedouin and Palestinians.

Jews worldwide share genetic ties : Nature News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism