U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2015, 05:46 PM

14,774 posts, read 4,960,547 times

Advertisements

On the 1st of Tishrei, Noach dispatched a dove from the ark, for the third time.

On Tishrei 1 -- the sixth day of creation -- "G-d said: 'Let us make Man in Our image, after Our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth...'" (Genesis 1:26). "G-d formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul" . "And G-d took the man and placed him in the Garden of Eden, to work it and to keep it" (Gen 2:15). "And G-d said: 'It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helpmeet opposite him' ... G-d caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; and He took one of his sides, and closed up the flesh in its place. And G-d built the side which He had taken from the man into a woman, and brought her to the man. And the man said: 'This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.' Therefore a man leaves his father and his mother, and cleaves to his wife; and they become one flesh" (Gen2:18-24).

Wedding day isn't about finding a wife, and children were not meant to be born out of pain.

It's funny to think of obtaining a wife this way and how symbolic is the husband?

If we look at Mount Sinai and see Israel getting betrothed to God, we see the betrothed and the husband, is that really how it was? That Israel is betrothed to God as a wife? We see the Marriage contract, and the canopy of clouds hovering over the mountain.

The people said,'' WE WILL,'' and this is before they ever heard the contract, the marriage covenant. Can we say that Moses was the mediator of the marriage covenant?

What did God give of himself?

It's funny how those 70 elders began speaking Ecstasy when a spirit was taken from Moses and divided to the elders, this was not a good thing in my opinion, but it's curious that the spirit that was given to the elders came through Moses and I can't help but think that this was a part of God that he gave of himself if he is to obtain a bride.

Did Israel get betrothed to God at the Mountain?

Was Moses the mediator of this betrothal, and was the spirit of God imparted as an example of the rib of Adam?

If we think of the 24 ribs being 24 divisions of priests in 3 sections, ribs and priestly elders have a lot in common being that both have 3 sections, and that if a rib was taken from Adam, and it represented a priest, then Adam would be a guiding spirit inside of Eve and the two are one.

Isn't that what God had given Moses?

That Israel is a betrothed and they all represent women who are betrothed to God, and that a marriage is made by the betrothed actually carrying that spirit of her husband?

Let me speak frankly and say this, Rosh Hashanah is a day when Adam and Eve became one, and they were called,'' Adam.''

WHAT IF, what if Israel is betrothed to God as in a regular betrothal and marriage and what if the day of the consummation of this marriage is Rosh Hashanah? What if, the coming of messiah is the coming of the groom to the betrothed bride? What IF, we wake up on Rosh Hashanah and God has come to consummate his marriage with his betrothed?

Is Israel betrothed to God and waiting on the day of consummation that Israel becomes what Zechariah speaks about when he says,'' They will be as God, as the angel who stands before the throne?'' Tomorrow begins erev Rosh Hashanah, and every year I expect the world to wake up to the realization that the bridegroom has come.

Are these crazy thoughts, or is Israel really going through a betrothal, and is Israel waiting on a consummation or a completion to this betrothal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2015, 06:04 PM

14,774 posts, read 4,960,547 times
Love this scripture.

Ezekiel 16

8Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord GOD, and thou becamest mine. 9Then washed I thee with water; yea, I throughly washed away thy blood from thee, and I anointed thee with oil. 10I clothed thee also with broidered work, and shod thee with badgers' skin, and I girded thee about with fine linen, and I covered thee with silk. 11I decked thee also with ornaments, and I put bracelets upon thy hands, and a chain on thy neck. 12And I put a jewel on thy forehead, and earrings in thine ears, and a beautiful crown upon thine head. 13Thus wast thou decked with gold and silver; and thy raiment was of fine linen, and silk, and broidered work; thou didst eat fine flour, and honey, and oil: and thou wast exceeding beautiful, and thou didst prosper into a kingdom. 14And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord GOD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or