U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2015, 08:49 PM

9 posts, read 3,883 times

Advertisements

I know you have suffered.

I know that many of you find it hard, to truly over come some of things that has befallen the Jewish people over the last 2000 years.

Yet Gods Choosen you are.

And come back to God you must, there is much to happen in the comming years.

And I write this to you all, with the intencion of asking for and claifiying certain things.

I ask you to forget the pain of the past and embrace love, love for each other as members of Gods choosen, but more importantly love for non jews.

You are a blessed people, and that for which you have been choosen requires, that you care for all people, I know that can be difficult, but you must.

The earth with its many different peoples will not respect insinerity, and why should they?

To fulfil that which god has called you to, you must learn to be humble, loving and kind people, unbiased, direct and truthful; upright men and women of the Torah and when the world sees it they will respond.

Trust and respect are things to be earnt, you cant expect it.

And I have a very hard thing to ask of you all, but I must ask it

The seat of Moses is currently held(metapsyically speaking) by the Rabbinics

I will say that it is clear these Rabbis have gone against the Torah.

There are not two Torahs, only one! The Torah is not a special code only they have a right to interprite, Nothing is to be added to or taken away from the Torah.

So what I ask, what I call on all Jewish people to do, is come to a consensus.

And give the seat of Moses to others. Others that will respect the Torah and not add their own ideas to it.

This is important, No God Fearing man or women would dare add anything to Torah.

I believe the Karaites would be the best choice, but it is for you to decide.

Yeholiver

Old 10-11-2015, 09:11 PM

388 posts, read 316,338 times
dafuq?

Old 10-11-2015, 09:25 PM

13,092 posts, read 13,686,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeholiver View Post
I believe the Karaites would be the best choice, but it is for you to decide.
isn't it for Hashem to decide?

the Karaites reject the Oral Law, is that correct? i apologize for my ignorance, i only know what i read from a few people posting on line

i am a simple Jew, but my understanding is that we need both the Oral Law and the Written Law
our generation is not so lofty and advanced as to be able to figure out everything ourselves
to claim our lowly generation knows better than the Rabbis who had the foresight and fiercely sought to preserve the Jewish people does not strike me as advisable. The Baal Shem Tov explains why we need both the Oral and Written Law, and his love and devotion to Hashem and to the Jewish people knows no bounds.

i notice you use "you" instead of "we" when addressing the Jewish people
we are always a we. we are one. all Jews, always, one body, all the time, all across the globe. we are all in this together.

so my response is every Jew is precious, and all our prayers to Hashem are needed, and every one of us is a letter in the Torah. no one person or group is in charge and we are each necessary and essential. we each pray directly to Hashem. and we pray for leaders and teachers and tzaddikim to guide us in ways that draw us close to Hashem and Torah. there is no "you" there is only "we." and no way am I giving up the Oral Law. it always strikes me as people just wanting to do whatever they want and make up their own rules to suit themselves. i would much rather follow the wisdom of our Sages.

if there is more to Karaites please tell us more, and again i apologize for my ignorance.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 10-11-2015 at 09:45 PM..

Old 10-11-2015, 09:51 PM

at any rate, please tell us more about the Karaites and why we should discard the Oral Law, otherwise we may be just going by what's in Wiki

no tefillin?
no lighting Shabbas candles?
no mezzuzot?
peshat only and no remez, drash, or sod?

yikes, but it seems to strip away all the depth of richness, beauty, meaning, illumination that bind us to Hashem in each and every mitzvah. what is the possible benefit in this, why would we give up something so precious?

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 10-11-2015 at 10:05 PM..

Old 10-11-2015, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeholiver View Post
befallen the Jewish people over the last 2000 years.
love for non jews.
care for all people
The seat of Moses is currently held(metapsyically speaking)
no response, first post, some strange phrases above.....something fishy here.....troll perhaps? someone kicked off before?

Old 10-12-2015, 12:35 AM

3,831 posts, read 3,699,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
no response, first post, some strange phrases above.....something fishy here.....troll perhaps? someone kicked off before?
I don't think the guy is actually trolling to get a rise out of people, but I doubt he's coming back. It's just going to be some sort of fly by night whack job.

Old 10-12-2015, 04:22 AM

11,175 posts, read 10,995,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
I don't think the guy is actually trolling to get a rise out of people, but I doubt he's coming back. It's just going to be some sort of fly by night whack job.

Sounds like a good reason to lock this thing up until Woodrow LI gets a chance to take a look at it.

Old 10-12-2015, 08:49 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,279,617 times
I looked at it.

I agree, it stays closed.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism